25

A fear of heights.

Of course Jimin had a fear of heights. How didn't Jungkook guess it?

Jimin looked like he was about to cry. He was standing up, halfway through the first line. His harness firmly attached him to the course, making sure that even if he did slip, he'd float back down to the ground slowly.

He was completely safe, but the look on his face said otherwise. Fearful eyes, stiff, shaking posture, wobbly knees. He looked terrified.

"M-miss Fawkes- P-please let me down. I don't think I can.. I don't think I can do it.." he whispered, voice shaking. Jungkook looked on in anger as the teacher simply shook her head.

"Everybody has to give it a try Jimin," she shouted, "you're no exception."

Jimin nodded weakly, tears welling up in his eyes.

"I'm s-sorry miss.. I just.."

"No ifs ands or buts. Off you go."

Jimin nodded again, before placing one wobbly leg in front of the next, moving towards the end of the section. His eyes were shiny with unshed tears.

Jungkook didn't get very angry often, but when he did, it wasn't pretty. This was one of those times.

Seeing Jimin like that definitely made it one of those times.

Jungkook stood up and walked over to the teacher, scowling at her.

"With all due respect, Miss, I think it's time you stop. You do know it's illegal to force a person to do something they're against, right?" he murmured, pointing at Jimin.

His teacher looked shocked. Clearly she'd never experienced a student arguing back so angrily. Knowing Jungkook's class, she'd probably never even experienced a student talking back at all.

"Y-yes.. Now Jungkook if you could just-"

"You said it yourself Miss. No ifs, ands or buts. He's clearly scared out of his mind. So let him the fuck down."

Her jaw dropped.

"Now."

"Okay, okay. Jimin, please make your way  back to the platform." she gasped, her eyes wide. Jimin was full on crying by now, rubbing at his eyes aggressively as he tottered back over to the large, wooden platform.

As soon as he got down from the ladder, Jungkook rushed over to him.

"Hey. Are you ok?" he whispered to him, lifting his chin up carefully.

The class looked on, shell-shocked. It was a known fact that Jimin never let anybody touch him. Especially not other boys. But here Jungkook was.

Jimin sniffled, nodding as he looked up into Jungkook's eyes. "Y-yeah. I just got a little.. scared."

"I can see that. Acrophobia?"

"Mhm."

Jungkook brushed Jimin's hands out of his eyes, wiping away a stray tear that was rolling down his cheek.

"Don't worry about it. Everyone's scared of something. Some people just choose to hide it more than others."

Jimin nodded.

"Do you need anything?" Jungkook continued.

"I want.." Jimin trailed off, stopping himself.

Everyone was watching them.

"I want you to-"

"You don't have to ask if you don't want to."

"I've never had a hug before," Jimin murmured finally, "people always say they make you happy, and I want to be happy as well."

He paused, thinking deeply for a moment, before suddenly squeezing his eyes shut tight, and lunging forward into Jungkook, wrapping his tiny arms around Jungkook's equally tiny waist.

Jungkook instinctively brought his arms around Jimin, petting his silky, blonde hair as he buried his face into Jungkook's chest in embarrassment.

Jimin looked up at him, eyes wide and gleaming with the remnants of his tears.

The other students looked on in amazement. Even the teacher was dumbfounded.

"Thank you for making me happy."

-

a/n- you won't see this update today cuz i'm prewriting like 4 days ahead, but it's the last day of school for this term and it's cool for once here (yes 26 degrees celcius is cold for our town in autumn).

it's just in general a great day for some reason.