4

The scritch-scratching of pencils on paper was the only sound that could be heard throughout the small classroom.

The silence was foreign to Jungkook. His old classroom had always been rowdy, almost painfully so sometimes. If he were back there, the room would be filled with the sounds of notifications going off, not so secret chattering, and whispered secrets just begging to be spilled between pairs of best friends.

In comparison, this new class was almost radio silent. You could hear a pin drop.

The most dramatic event so far had been a girl sneezing twice in a row.

Jungkook, even through his silent confusion, tried his best to get his questions done without any distraction. He was currently working through the very last question..

All of a sudden, Jungkook's equation was interrupted by a sharp knock on the door. It opened up a crack and he got a glimpse of a tuft of blonde hair.

The door opened wider and that tuft of blonde hair transformed into the most beautiful being Jungkook had ever laid eyes on.

The boy walked up to the teacher and tentatively greeted her.

"Hi Miss Fawkes. I'm so sorry for being late. I got caught up with cleaning the church."

Jungkook's eyes widened. His voice was as beautiful as him. Tiny, melodic, and a little bit shy.

"Don't worry about it Jimin. We're doing chapter 6.E, just try your best to catch up."

The boy- Jimin- smiled back shyly and retreated to his desk. Which just happened to be the one right next to Jungkook's.

Jungkook smirked as the boy glanced out of the corner of his eye and stopped dead still as soon as he caught sight of him.

"What the fu-"

-

a/n- happy yoongi day! i couldn't do anything cus i was studying for an allegedly impossible maths exam which is tomorrow (send help and prayers please), but ig this chapter can be his gift.

<3