18 ✧

after this chapter- i am heading away on a 7 day break and will return on the 20th for chapter 19! i dont care whether u guys want me to or not because i think it's well deserved ☺️

it's also the final chapter of the abyss series and i need analyse and do the new dainsleif quest (the 12th of april) in order to write it properly 💔

when u see the "✧" play the music!

Ajax didn't want to believe it.

At first sight, under the moonlit tree an entire moon cycle ago, she looked so similar to the girl he met in the depths of the Abyss, who tended to his wounds, giving gentle words of encouragement and standing proudly by his side during their battles - the first and last girl he would ever love.

But after the events of the final battle, finding (y/n) dozing off at twilight may have seemed like a miracle, but after five or six years was she still the same person? or more importantly - did she remember him? and so the harbinger lifted off his mask to see her reaction, and when there was a blank response, all his hopes were blighted. Likewise, he sped off with the sound of a rushing river, darting all the way down to Mount Tianheng, where he cried under the stars, wondering why she did not remember the Ajax he was. All while clinging onto the necklace she once owned, the one that held the moonstone pendant, it was a poignant memoir of their lost life together. The harbinger desperately held onto it, the only evidence that she once existed by his side.

Was it because he had become a bloodthirsty beast, wearing this bold facade that masked his real self? Or was it the consequences of their fate, their binding love that was torn apart by the Abyss?

Ajax decided to play it cool, and forge a lie, that he had been sent to kill her, to hide his true intentions, from Zhongli and the other harbingers. As ironic as it may be, why was he so foolish to agree to fight her? He loved the bloodshed, and his thirst for battle quenched, even then, the possibility of her still being the girl he treasured so deeply remained unclear until that moment.

The smell of blood intoxicating his lungs as he lunged for her throat, blindingly attempting to choke her.

Why? the second when he sent her into unconsciousness, did he finally realize this was the girl whom he loved so much, that he became a harbinger for her? to protect her and his family?

"You're a monster."

She was right all along. He truly was a monster. Taken away from his home of Morepesok and finely crafted into a weapon of war, becoming addicted to bloodshed and battle, in his mind, he really believed that he could never settle, live a normal life with the one he loved. Instead, he was given the title of the Eleventh Harbinger of Tsaritsa, and ruthlessly killed anyone he was ordered to kill.