7 ✧

Wangshu inn was always bustling, with guests coming to stay from far and wide

Wangshu inn was always bustling, with guests coming to stay from far and wide. It was pretty well-known in Teyvat, for having a very welcoming atmosphere, and for foreign guests to experience Liyue culture at the inn was truly unique. But as the early morning hours arrived, the chants of drunk men singing quieting down, silence filled the inn. The guests, including the innkeeper and his wife were finally deep in slumber, if not for one person.

(y/n) laid on her bed, her eyes studying the blank ceiling above her. She was blinking slowly, trying to fall asleep. It's already been a week since she was brought here. Xiao had visited to check up on her every once and a while, yet the awkward tension in the atmosphere was almost unbearable, so in the end he just left signs, such as empty plates (that once contained almond tofu) by her bedside, or when she would wake up in the morning, pieces of furniture have moved around slightly.

Her arm has completely recovered, thanks to the herbal medicine Qiqi would send in, and the blood transfusion, though she didn't want to admit it.
She thought of the way he pinned her against a tree once, or that time when he smiled at her when they first met, the way his smile matched the moon above. "I need to touch grass.." She shook her head, trying to rid those images. Maybe some fresh air might do her some good. She has taken walks in the perimeter of Wangshu inn during the day, but it wouldn't hurt if she snuck out to the balcony above. Right?

She got up, and tiptoed gently across the room. (y/n) cringed as she twisted the doorknob, a little squeaking sound emitting from it. Though it wasn't too loud to wake anyone up. The hallways were so dark during the night. The candles that sat on shelves burning were about to die out soon, the light withering away gently.

(y/n) jumped gracefully down the hall, covering more area than tiptoeing. That didn't stop her from wincing everytime she landed on a floorboard and it creaked from the impact. She finally reached the main lobby, where Verr Goldet would usually be,
tending to guests or listening to gossip. But now, the quietness was almost tangible, the only sound she heard were the rustling of leaves of the inn. She continued to make her way up another flight of stairs, finally reaching her destination.

The moon welcomed (y/n), like a mother with open arms. She always felt so calm when night came, all her troubles and worries went away. She sighed heavily, finally feeling at peace.

That peace didn't last very long though, as a soft thud came from behind her.

(y/n) opened her eyes. She turned around slowly, though knowing already who was standing there.
"Childe.." She uttered, a hint of annoyance in her voice. The man stood, his chest up high, with no sign of vulnerability. The hunger for blood in his eyes were gone, replaced with a refreshing gentleness. Though it was too early for (y/n) to let her guard down again.

 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀 ✮ 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐄On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara