14 ✧

at the beginning of this month, i was only 3k and here we are, at 9k ahhh i can't even put it into words how grateful i am to each and every one of you reading this right now. thank you for supporting my book. you guys each have a special place in my heart <3

expect four updates in the next two weeks cause i have my spring break!

In liue of the howling wind ready to sweep her off her feet, she did not waver, in spite of being perched upon the roof of Yansheng teahouse

In liue of the howling wind ready to sweep her off her feet, she did not waver, in spite of being perched upon the roof of Yansheng teahouse. It was quiet tonight in Liyue harbour. The unforeseen storm forced the people of Liyue to close their doors and windows, leaving the frequently crowded streets deserted.

She pushed the hood of her coat back, and shivered at the breeze that ruffled her hair, giving it the same appearance as the waves crashing nearby.

"Tell me why you're asking me to do this again Xiao?"

She had asked the adepti, who stood in front of her, emitting an intimidating presence. In the ten years she had known him, not once, has she ever felt threatened by his demeanor, despite learning about him through history books and Zhongli. This cold front he put up, it was not his own fault.. but for her safety and his.

Xiao's glance flickered sideways, towards the girl. (y/n) leaned against the wall in a patient manner, yet the way her eyes blinked with feigned
innocence - it was prodding Xiao for his response.

"Must I repeat it more than once? I am not adapt to mortal situations, they are dramatic and irrelevant, I only deal with demons, so I ought to hand this job to you."

Xiao's arms crossed, as he huffed with exasperation. ".. If anything goes wrong, you know what to do." his amber eyes sparked, and (y/n) felt the concern in his voice. "Thank you, but I can manage myself. I'm no longer a child," she replied confidently, plastering a wry smile across her face. "Of course. I know that." Xiao acknowledged the known fact, but the hardened expression on his face did not disappear.

"The fatui harbinger's mischievous nature only gathers unwanted trouble for you and me." his brows drew together, observing the girl's face with scrutiny. Confused, (y/n) brought her index finger to her cheek, feeling a weird substance as she swiftly wiped her finger across her cheek. "Ah. I think it's soap because Childe was fucking around while washing the dishes," she scrunched up her face, but soon gave the adepti another lopsided grin. "He's okay Xiao.. just promise me you won't tell Zhongli."

"One day you are going to have to abandon the harbinger."

Xiao's jaw tightened, the neck veins visible even under the shade of the trees. (y/n) pressed her lips together. He was right. As much as she didn't want to admit it, Xiao had a point. If Childe becomes unhinged again there is no way she can stop it without bringing an end to him. So why, on that moonlit night did she give Childe false hope instead of telling him the truth?