16 ✧

tw: suicide attempt.

In her heart, the moon longed to see the alluring sun. Despite their consequences, she tried to spy him, but could not find her lover, for he was engulfed in the granite clouds.

PEACE AND QUIET - the name for a prolonged period of (y/n)'s life, from the age of six to fourteen. Around the middle of her teenage years it gets fuzzy, like a distant memory she cannot quite reclaim. Though she doesn't complain, she moves on and tries to forget those bygone memories. As she grew older, letting something slip away from her mind becomes more wearisome, as each night, it comes back to torment her.

"I'll burn for you."

A soft, indistinct voice spoke to the girl in her dreams - or was it just her imagination?

Those words repeated endlessly in her head, forcing her wake, forcing her to endure those nights, to the point that she would toss and turn until the sun rises. After some time she found a way to shake off the voice, finding herself gazing at the moon, or even talking to her would soothe her misery. Funny how she always gave her space, like the mother she wanted but never had.

The sand tickled her face, causing her eyes to flicker open, slowly focusing in on her surroundings. Rising up from her position, she sat quietly in the embrace of the ocean, listening to its wistful lullaby. Inhaling deeply, she took pleasure in being alone with nature. An indigo blue sky flows into the horizon, twinkling stars scattered across the heavens, like moondust. Was she dreaming? It felt too good to be real.

(y/n) glanced to her side to see another woman, so beautiful she had to blink twice to see if she was really there. A long thin shawl was draped around her slender shoulders, billowing against the ocean breeze, the only piece of clothing she had on. Snow-white hair which cascaded down her back, porcelain skin that beamed in the night... her appearance was not of an ordinary human.

It was definitely a dream.

But why was she conscious of it?

"Selene?"

(y/n)'s voice called out to the lady. She was almost certain it was her. Her great, great-grandmother. In spite of the faint crashing of waves, the woman did not answer, but continued to look out to the sea. Eyebrows knitted in doubt as to why she did not catch her attention, she followed the woman's actions, and looked out towards the horizon.