17 ✧

the never-ending support from u guys... T_T
thank you thank you thank you !!!

not going to lie, i'm genuinely speechless by the huge support i am given each day, as i wake up to multiple comments and votes. thank you for reading this book. it means so much to me.

"Is that even a question? I am Childe," the harbinger muses, cocking his head to one side in a playful manner

"Is that even a question? I am Childe," the harbinger muses, cocking his head to one side in a playful manner. "Is that really who you are?" (y/n) continues to stare at the man, not impressed by his answer.

"Pardon?"

"Are you really Childe?" she repeated her question, looking into those blue eyes of his, as bare and empty as ever. There was no sparkle like the others she had encountered, just azure pools of blue emptiness. "You're just tired.. go to sleep," he pulled her wrist off his, fatigue clouding his expression. "Goodnight." Childe said before escaping out the window, rendering (y/n) speechless.

"Hello? Are you even listening to me?"

A palm waved frantically in front of (y/n)'s face, snapping her out of her daze. Xingqiu, a good childhood friend of her's in Liyue, happened to be telling another one of his stories as they sat at Wanwen bookhouse, bathing in the warmth of the afternoon sun. "Are there any spirits disturbing you?" another boy asked her, with mist-blue hair and ice-colored eyes, who (y/n) knew as Chongyun. "Yes it's the orange haired demon that follows her everywhere," Xingqiu answered before she could even open her mouth.

"Really? I can exorcise it for yo-"

"Xingqiu, stop messing with Chongyun.. it's amusing, but you're setting him up for embarrassment." she rebuked the bookworm for trying to decieve Chongyun. "Alright alright," the dark-haired boy raised his arms up in defeat. "That still doesn't explain why that Fatui harbinger is clinging onto you like a magnet?" Xingqiu folded his arms, raising a brow at her. "He's sort... of a menace to society," (y/n) admitted, her face flushed with embarrassment.

"That wasn't obvious from the beginning?" Xingqiu's eyes bored into hers, and Chongyun listened on intently, waiting for her response.

"It was clear from the start Xingqiu," she corrected him. "He's a Fatui harbinger, sooner or later we will forswear one another." (y/n) shrugged carelessly. "So you're going to enjoy it while it lasts huh?" Chongyun asked her. "Do not fall under his trance. You'll only hurt yourself." Xingqiu's face grew serious, his tone was stern. The look (y/n) gave the boy, he felt his heart quiver at the sight of it. Like she knew all of this already, willing to let herself go. "It's refreshing to see you care about me so much, my liege," she pretended to bow before the swordsman, her sombre expression replaced with tender playfulness.