ROMANCE

D O M I N I C  P O V

We arrive late at dinner because Stevie is still drunk, and I was in stitches with the way she was acting. 

Just could not help myself with the way she lunged at me from the bed, and I missed catching her.

But when she called me to take her dress from her, I had to contain myself from touching her soft warm skin. 

But I kissed her exposed shoulder, knowing darn well she's not ready for me to touch her.

Sit at the table with my parents and Tyrone as we eat, but Stevie is still under the influence and is gulping her water. 

Stevie stands smiles at me and is swaying just a little, so I placed my hand on her waist to steady her. "I need the restroom," She slurred and staggers towards the hallway where they are.

Turn to face my parents, and my father laughs, "Thought she didn't drink?" Tyrone said laughing. 

Placed my cutlery on the plate and rubbed my face as I look at him, "She doesn't but somehow the bottles of drink got mixed up and she drank mine instead. Almost the entire bottle," They all burst out laughing.

Shake my head as I turn to see if she is coming. "I'll check on her," Mum said, and stands to make her way to the restroom. 

My father picks his glass up and sips his drink as he places it down. He shakes his head and his face changed shape. 

Peered over my shoulder to see what dad is staring at, and Stevie is covered in water. "I will take her back to the hotel. She needs to sobber up. I'll see you in the morning," Tyrone nods and laughs and my father smiles. 

Stepped back to Stevie to put my arm around her waist as my mother steps back to the table. "Let's get you back to the hotel," I said, and she smiles with a hiccup. 

*****  

Approached the door to our hotel room, Stevie swings her arms around my neck as I'm trying to open the door. "Stevie, I can't see to open the door," She laughs at me placing herself across the door, not allowing me to enter.

Shake my head with a smirk on my lips, and she pouts her lips as her index finger reaches for my shirt and pulls me tight to her, losing her footing, and we both end up on the floor.

She's in fits and I'm resting up on my elbows, shaking my head as I gaze into her eyes, "Stevie, let's get you to bed." "I know you want me," She said as I'm lifting her from the floor into my arms to carry her to the room. 

She rests her head on my chest, "Yes, I do want you, but only when you are ready," I said kissing the top of her head.

Kicked the door closed and stepped towards the room where I arranged to have it looking romantic.

Opened the door to step in, and Stevie pushes out my arms, landing on the floor in a thud, and is hysterically laughing.

Pulled her to her feet, and she glances around the room, "Dominic, it's wow." She stares at me, her eyes form tears. "I wanted tonight to be special for us both. I know you are not ready, but we are spending our first night together as Mr and Mrs." I said cupping her cheeks and wipe her tears away.

Lean towards for a kiss, and my body heats up from the inside out. "Dominic, it's perfect," She takes my jacket from me as we kiss. "I should have a shower and sobber up a bit," She said and I nod untangling my arms from her. 

Hear the shower and make everything look perfect, with rose petals over the bed and scented candles burning, giving us a dim but romantic setting.

Perhaps I'm too forward with my approach, but I want it to be perfect for her. And if we make love, I'll be passionate, gentle, and treat her body with respect.