Happy ending

Okay so this chapter is long overdue. A relative of mine passed away recently so I've been dealing with that, as well as the stress from school. But I'm going to try and start writing again. Also, someone said this story was getting dark and sad and I realised that too. Therefore, there will be 2 endings to this.. yes I'm at the end already. So I thought I'd release a happy chapter first and then the next one will be the original ending. Enjoy!

Marinette twirled around Adrien's arms as they danced around the room. He put his hands on her waist and lifted her into the air, spinning her around as her gleeful laughs filled the air. As he slowly let her down, her hands went to his cheeks as she stared into his eyes with love pouring through each other with just a look. When her feet were on the ground, the pair stopped dancing.
"I love you my lady," he said with a smile.
"I love you too my prince," she said, placing one hand on his cheek.
"I'll be seeing you very soon Princess," he said, pulling away from her and her nodding.

He opened his eyes and wiped away the tears. He knew now that he would save her, no matter what. Save her from the darkness and the punishments. He got out of bed and grabbed his phone. He dialled Marinette and sighed.

After three rings, she picked up the phone.
"Bonjour mon Chaton. Ready to give me your miraculous?" she asked with a slight cackle.
"No.. but I'm going to save you," he said quietly.
"How can you save me?" she snapped. "The akuma is in the earrings. You could save me, but you can't save those who are gone."
"I can't.. you're right.. but you can Marinette," he said with a sigh.
"Stop calling me Marinette!" she shrieked. "I'm the Queen of Death!"
"No you're not. You lived 2 years without me but I can't live a month without you. So I'm on my way to help you," he explained before hanging up.
"You don't think this is a mistake?" Plagg asked.
"For Marinette? No. I-I was wrong before. Before she killed Hawkmoth and started experiencing these issues, she was the best! She did everything.. she helped others. She may not have done anything then, but I should've understood she was going through something! She helped me when I needed it so I'm going to bring her back into the light!" he said happily.
"You know what you need to do," Plagg said with a proud smile.

Adrien transformed into AstroCat and made his way back to Paris. Looking upon his home, he felt an overwhelming sadness come over him. He pushed past those feelings and tried to remain determined. He flew down to the ground and let the space transformation fade away into his normal costume.

He opened his baton and called Marinette.
"I'm here Marinette. Where are you?" he asked.
"Where the bakery once stood," she responded. He hung up on her and began walking there.

When he arrived, he saw Marinette and smiled.
"Hey bugaboo," he said softly.
"Don't call me that. You have no right," she snapped.
"I called you bugaboo even when you told me that. Why would I stop now bugaboo?" he asked with a small smile.
"Stop flirting with me! Remember, you broke up with me. Not the other way around," she said, sending him an angry glance. He walked towards her and her eyes glowed red.
"I can simply make you fade away and take the ring off of you. I gave myself the power to do that," she said as her eyes went back to normal.
"I know you Marinette. And you wouldn't do that. I don't think the Marinette I know, knows what she was doing last month. I think the akuma knows," he whispered, as he placed his hand on her cheek.
"I'm the same Marinette I was," she huffed.
"No you're not. The anger has taken over. Why were you trying to take our miraculous? What was the wish?" he asked softly. She placed her hand on his (the one that was on her cheek) and sighed.
"I wanted to make things go the way they were again. I wanted to never be a princess," she admitted.
"And what happens then?"
"This reality changes. It goes back to when we were teenagers and makes it so that we never went to China," she explained.
"But if that happened, we would have never happened," he said sadly. She let go of his hand and groaned.
"That's the point. I get a fresh start with no one knowing what I did!" she cried.
"Marinette, it's not worth it."
"Then why do I bother? I don't want to live like this," she said, falling to her knees and letting the tears fall.
"What if you fix everything and we move far away!" he said enthusiastically.
"I'm confused," she said.
"Well, what if you fix everything. I know I'll have to destroy Tikki but Hawkmoth once fixed the peacock miraculous. So we move to a new place, where no one knows us. But before then, you give up your title to Chloe, she has been running royal duties for ages. You spend all your days fixing the miraculous, I get worried about you. You fix it and then boom! We live happily ever after!" he explained, smiling happily.
"You'd abandon everyone for me?" she asked.
"I'll write letters to them. But.. for you Marinette, I'd give up the world," he said, bending down and helping her up. She smiled and nodded.