CHAPTER 21: I can smell success

Start from the beginning

I saw Keaton leaning on his car with his both hands dug on his pocket. He greeted me with a smile as I walk towards him.

“What brought you here? Where’s Nikki?”

He smiled and gets my bag out of my hands. “I just wanted to see you. Nikki’s inside.”

“Why is she there? I have my car.”

“Uhm, can I just drive the two of you home instead?” He rubbed the back of his neck. I remembered Greyson. He used to that.

“Uhm, what about my car?” I asked.

“Uhhh—“

Then Nikki got out of Keaton’s car and approached us. “I’ll drive your car.”

“Huh? Uhm, you know I could just drive it and you go with Keaton. Okay, bye.” I suggest then I turned my back at them. But someone grabbed my wrist. I turned around and saw Keaton.

“I… I’ll drive you home.” He said quietly. “Please.” He added.

I licked my lips and bit my lip. “Uhh. Okay.”

“You bit your lip again.” I heard him say which made me conscious for an unknown reason.

“The key?” Nikki faced me with a mysterious smile on her face.

I dug my pocket to get the key. I handed it to her and she kissed me on my cheek as well as Keaton before walking towards my car.

“Take care!” I shouted when she was about to leave. I glanced down at Keaton’s hand that is still holding my wrist.

“So, shall we go?” He smiled and I just nodded.

He opened the door for me. What a gentleman.

To tell you the truth, I’m still not used to Keaton’s presence. I dunno what happened to him back in Australia and why did he come back here. I don’t want to ask him because I want him to tell me voluntarily. I don’t want to barge in to his issues in life or if there’s any. For now, I’ll just be thankful that he’s here to cheer me up.

~~~

“Thank you Keaton.” I told him when we both got out of his car.

“My pleasure.” He grinned.

“Goodnight.” I waved at him and smiled.

“Goodnight YN. And remember, when you’re hurting I’m just a phone call away. Bye.” I watched his car drive away until it’s not visible anymore. I sighed—a long one—I have such great friends.

~~~

“YN! Your phone is ringing!”

I heard Nikki shout. I rinse off the bubbles in my mouth—if that’s what you call it—before walking out of the bathroom.

“Who is it?”

“I dunno. It’s an unregistered number.”

I puckered my brows as I walked towards Nikki to get my phone. I slid my thumb across the screen and press the phone onto my cheek. “Hello?”

“Well, hello dear.”

“Uh, who’s this?”

“Greyson’s girlfriend.”

I gulped. “Excuse me, I am Greyson’s girlfriend.”

I heard her laugh on the other line. “Ooops. I mean, future girlfriend.”