Haikyuu!! (Kageyama x Female Reader)

Kageyama's POV:

I hurried home from volleyball practice. I had promised Y/N that I would spend time with her tonight since I've been so busy with the team every day. I wouldn't break my promise to her.

Your POV:

I patiently waited for Kageyama to get home. I sat on the couch upside down while swinging my feet. Honestly, I was bored.

I heard the door open and close, and I saw an upside down Kageyama look at me.

"Kage! Finally! I was so bored!" I whined.

"Yeah, I can see that," he said as he picked me up by my feet and dropped me on the couch. I was short, so it was quite easy for him to do that. (If you're not short, then I'm sorry, but please go along with it for this story! Thanks!)

I made room for him on the couch and he sat down next to me.

"Ew, Kage" I said, calling him by his nickname, "Go take a shower! We can't cuddle and watch movies if all I smell is sweat," I said.

"Sorry. I'll be back in a minute," he said nonchalantly.

I decided to pick a movie for us to watch. I settled on one that Hinata and I watched a while ago. Hinata is a really good friend of mine, and he shares my pain of being short. He's also on Kageyama's volleyball team. I heard from Daichi that they don't get along well, but whenever I see them, they're always talking like good friends! Maybe they fight about volleyball, so since I don't go to their practices, I don't see them fight. They seem to have really good teamwork in the games they play, though. So I can't imagine them fighting.

Kageyama came back in with fresh clothes on, and we began watching the movie.

"How did you not cry at all?! The ending was so sad!" I asked him as the credits came on.

"I don't know. It just wasn't as sad for me, I guess," He shrugged.

"What do you wanna do now?" I asked.

"Hm, what about sleep?" He asked.

"No. I wanna hangout!" I told him and slapped his shoulder lightly.

"I was joking I was joking!" He yelled as he got off the couch when he saw me picking up a pillow. I had a smug look on my face as I chased him around. Using my size to my advantage, I caught up to him and tackled him, hitting him in the face with a pillow.

"Ow . . ." He said as he sweat dropped.

"What about if you teach me volleyball?" I asked.

"Wha? What got you so suddenly interested, Y/N?" He asked as he sat up, making me fall and land on my back.

"Kiyoko suggested it when I said it looked fun once. She said it wouldn't get to try!" I said.

"Well if you're serious about it then fine. Daichi and Nishinoya might have to help too. Daichi can give some pointers to you and Nishinoya is short too, so you won't be the only pipsqueak there," He smirked.

I hit him with the pillow again and he laughed.

"Okay, but I want Hinata to be there too!" I said.

"I'll ask, I guess," he said as he unlocked his phone to call them. A few minutes later he popped his head back into the room.

"Oi Y/N, they agreed to help. Daichi got the keys for the gym so we can go tomorrow. You up for swearing hard on a Saturday?" He joked.

"If that's what it takes to learn than yes!" I pumped my fist in the air.

Timeskip to tomorrow in the gym:

"Hey Y/N! You excited?" Hinata asked as he entered the gym with his stuff.

"Yeah! Kage even let me borrow his old volleyball shoes. They're a little big though," I said.

"I thought they would be, so I came prepared! Here are a pair of my old ones. See if they fit better!" He said as he handed me a f/c pair of volleyball shoes. I tried them on and they fit. I thanked him and ran up to Kageyama.

Everyone else was there, so happy m and Nishinoya gave me tips on how to pass.

"Yeah, that's it! Now don't swing your arms. If it goes over your head then let it go. We'll work on that later," Nishinoya said. He moved away from me and Hinata lightly threw me a ball. It bounced off my hands and I winced a little.

"I know it hurts a little, but it will hurt less after you get used to it! Keep your hands like that, so it won't damage anything if it lands on your fingers. We'll do a few more, okay?" Nishinoya asked. I nodded. I got in the stance, ready for another ball.

After a few more balls they decided that I was ready to try and do a volley. Hinata reminded me to not swing my arms, and then we started. We kept it up for 3 hits before I missed.

"That's alright, Y/N! Try again!" Daichi yelled some more encouraging words and I tried again. I lasted longer each time I tried. Then I started practicing setting with Kageyama, and then finally hitting with Hinata and Daichi.

"Okay Y/N, we've been practicing for awhile, I think it's time to stop for today, alright?" Daichi said. I nodded. I had been trying to hit the ball over the net from right side and I did succeed, but I kept touching the net.

"Alright! Can we do this again tomorrow? If you still want to teach me, I mean!" I asked.

"It's our pleasure to teach you, don't worry. We can pick it up again tomorrow," Daichi assured me. I smiled and Kageyama and I waved goodbye and left, carrying our things home.

"Thanks Kage. Volleyball is actually really fun!" I told him with a big smile.

"Does that mean you'll come to our practices after this?" He asked.

"Of course! I wanna cheer you on!" I said.