ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀꜱ; ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ | ᴅɪʟᴜᴄ ☁️ 2/3

Bent over the bathroom sink, you pressed the tube of lipstick to your mouth, painting your lips a color that matched your dress; deep scarlet red. The dress was a high collared ensemble, with lace sleeves and a long skirt layered over with the same material. It flowed around your legs as you walked. Your reflection was impeccable, your hair wound into a neatly braided bun, your makeup perfect, your dress spotless. Your vision hung at its usual place around your neck. You turned from the mirror to grasp the fur shawl draped over the chair in the corner, winding it around your shoulders.

You had a date.

You usually had date night on Saturdays with Diluc, the man was always punctual, and this time, he'd gotten reservations at The Cecelia Garden, a fancy restaurant in the city. You didn't know why you were nervous. You never got this nervous around date night, Diluc was your boyfriend and you loved him, but something felt different. He'd had this dress sent over to you this morning, and he usually let you choose what to wear before the two of you went out. Now, you weren't gonna lie and say you didn't love the dress, it was gorgeous. And while it wasn't out of character for him to send you lavish gifts, you couldn't shake the feeling you had about the whole situation. You were easily able to get rid of any negative thoughts, surely Diluc wouldn't get you all dressed up and spend money on reservations just to end your year long relationship.

You wondered what he had planned.

Sighing, you did a final twirl in the mirror before crossing the bathroom to the pair of black pumps beside the bathroom door and stepping into them, then walking downstairs to wait for Diluc to arrive.

You only got through a few chapters of the book you were reading to kill time before there was a knock on the door. You stood up to answer.

Diluc stood in the doorway. He was dressed immaculately, in a white dress shirt with a white waistcoat, embroidered with gold threat near the collar and the buttons. He also wore black slacks and polished leather shoes. White gloves adorned his hands. His vision sat at his hip, the red gem he wore at his throat still present. His hair was pulled back at the base of his neck like it usually was. He stepped forward when he saw you, pressing a kiss to your mouth in greeting and wrapping his arms around your waist loosely.

"You look perfect, darling."

Your heart fluttered in your chest as you smiled. "You, too."

    He offered you his arm, and you took it, letting him guide you down the streets of Mondstadt and towards the restaurant. The sun was setting below the horizon, the stars coming out to dot the sky, but the City of Freedom's cobblestone streets were bathed in the warm light from the lamps. The streets were empty, save for the occasional citizen hurrying home, or the sound of the bards singing at street corners. It was a nice spring evening, and you could smell the scent of fresh flowers in the air as you passed Flora's shop.

    "G-Good afternoon, Diluc!"

    The two of you glanced up to see Donna, her face a color that rivaled your boyfriend's hair. You smiled at her, but she wouldn't meet your gaze. You knew she had a crush on Diluc, but you were secure enough to know that she wasn't a threat to your relationship. You weren't going to do something as petty as treating her poorly simply because she fancied the man you loved.

    "Tell me about your day," Diluc said, snapping you from your thoughts, and you leaned your head against his shoulder.

    "I did a few commissions for the Guild, but they were mostly just going out to gather materials from Windrise. You?"

    Diluc glanced away. "I ran some errands today."

    You frowned. "Anything I could've helped with?"