ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀꜱ; ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ | ᴅɪʟᴜᴄ ☁️ 1/3

Warning: Tooth Rotting Fluff.

Exhausted beyond all belief, you stumbled towards the broken bridge that led out of Dragonspine and towards the tiny fire that sat burning at the end of the cutoff. You shivered as you inched close, curling into a ball. The gap was too far to jump, especially when you were this bedraggled. You would have already died of exposure if your Cryo Vision didn't offer you some resistance to the cold. In that, you were lucky.

Let's start from the beginning.

A member of the Adventurer's guild, you took a commission regarding an expedition to study ruins in Dragonspine, specifically the Entombed City. You'd always had a fascination with the place, reading every book you could find on it. The problem was, when the expedition was proposed, you were the only one to volunteer. So, despite everyone telling you not to go, you went. Alone. You more or less snuck off, really. But you had to see those ruins. You'd been fascinated since childhood, and you weren't going to let lack of volunteers stop you from going. Besides, you were a Cryo Vision user. You'd be fine, right?

Wrong.

The only one who really knew where you were going was Diluc. You'd formed a close friendship with him not long after moving into the main city from Springvale. You met at Angel's Share the week after you'd settled into your new home, and you'd assisted Diluc with catching a thief who was pilfering stock from the tavern. It turned out to be a drunkard who'd run out of money. You turned him over to the Knights of Favonius, and that was that.

Diluc soon became your partner in crime as you assisted him in issues regarding the winery and the tavern, and a friendship was struck up. You'd always had a habit of sticking your nose where it didn't belong, so trouble was a plentiful thing to be found. Diluc began to pay you for your help, and after you got a job at the adventurer's guild, you continued helping him for fun. Diluc didn't mind. You enjoyed each other's company, and truthfully, you'd grown quite fond of him.

You had a crush.

Now, you knew you were hardly the only woman in Mondstadt who had a crush on Diluc. Donna also liked him, and she had it so bad she stammered when he was anywhere near her. She constantly asked you for help regarding winning his affections after you'd grown close to the man, and at first, you had no problem delivering the occasional bouquet. After a while, though, as your feelings grew, it began to get on your nerves. But you didn't show it. Donna was a sweet girl, and the last thing you wanted was to hurt her feelings.

That brings us to now.

You informed Diluc of the vague area you'd be traveling to, then set off. Things went wrong very quickly when you were attacked by Fatui Skirmishers, barely getting out alive after you explained you were only an adventurer, and they actually apologized when they saw the Cryo vision attached to the ribbon around your neck, saying they hadn't know you were blessed by the Tsaritsa. You left out the part where you didn't worship the Cryo Archon and moved on.

Even with the added resistance of your vision, the sheer cold was harsh, biting through your layers of clothes, and it wasn't long before you had to set up camp. You were barely able to light a fire. Your trek to the Entombed City was hard and treacherous, and by the time you'd gotten there, you were nearly out of rations. You explored the ruins, fought monsters, and after a day of studying and exploring, you began to head back.

But fate had other plans. A fight with a Frostarm Lawachurl caused an avalanche, and you were luckily able to form a dome around yourself with ice, but by the time you'd dug yourself out, you were out of rations and the sheer cold was getting to you. You'd been gone for five days, and that wasn't part of your plan. People had to be looking for you. You planned a three day expedition after which you'd return. After that disaster, you had one goal left: survive.