ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ ᴏꜰꜰᴇʀɪɴɢ | xɪᴀᴏ ☁️ 1/2

You met him your second night of working at the Wangshu Inn.

    It was a clear, chilly night. The moon was fat and full in the sky, and the stars shone like the lights of distant ships on a dark sea. The moonlight bathed the rugged landscape of Liyue in ghostly blue, the shadows hard and sharp. The mountains carved their place in the horizon with hard lines and jagged peaks, silhouetted by that same ghostly blue. So much of Liyue was wild, fill of ancient ruins and monsters. Untamed.

    You couldn't get this kind of view in Mondstadt.

    The branches of the trees, festooned with marigold leaves, swayed in the breeze far below you, as well as above your head, filling the cool night air with the smell of damp foliage. It had rained that day, but you were glad it cleared up at night, or you wouldn't have found this balcony, tucked away at the top of the third floor. It opened up to a breathtaking panoramic view of the Liyue countryside, and if you looked off in the distance, you could see the statue of Barbatos that stood in front of the cathedral, all the way in Mondstadt. Dragonspine Mountain stood tall and proud, its snowy peaks glistening like diamond points.

    You gazed out at the distant statue of Barbatos, willing the homesickness away. Your fingers rested on the Anemo vision attached to the thin white ribbon around your throat, the stone smooth and cool beneath your skin. It was hard to sleep so far from home.

    No, you reminded yourself, this is home now.

    You hadn't slept well last night, and instead of laying in bed and willing for sleep to come like you had then, you decided to explore the Inn that night. You'd gotten to Liyue only a week before, and after camping alongside the road, another traveler happened across you and informed you of the Inn, and told you that if you needed work, the Inn was hiring. You followed his directions and set off, coming across the building near sundown. You'd been awed by the Wangshu Inn's grand architecture, at the massive tree that the structure was built around, keeping it aloft. You asked for a job, and got it after a brief interview. You were then given the tour, the rundown of your duties as staff, and assigned a room.

    It wasn't exactly lavish, but it was comfortable. You were right at home. The bed was soft and the other staff members were nice, as were the patrons, helping you through your stumbling Liyuen (which you'd taken as an elective in school and passed with flying colors, thank you very much), but as your boss and patrons spoke rapid fire to you, you realized you still had a lot to learn. After two days in Liyue, your Liyuen was already better, much to your relief. They do say exposure is the best way to learn, after all.

    You pulled your shawl more tightly around your body to combat the cold. The silk nightgown you'd been given by your boss was Liyue style, unfamiliar, but the shawl smelled like home. This would all certainly take some getting used to.

    "Who are you?"

    You jumped so hard you were afraid you'd fall over the balcony railing, whirling around and pressing a palm to your chest to calm your hammering heart.

    A man was standing in front of you.

    He looked to be about your age, standing around the same height as well, maybe an inch taller. He had delicate, almost painted on features with a sharp, defined jaw. His eyes were almost shocking in their intensity, wide and framed with thick eyelashes with irises the color of burnished amber. He had dark teal hair with lighter, feathery undertones, reaching the middle of his neck with longer locks in the front, parted away from his face. You noticed there was a small purple marking on his forehead, shaped like a diamond.

    He was dressed in a tightly fitted white shirt with a high black collar, accented with gold where the shades met. A necklace hung around his neck, made up of large white beads with two tasseled ones accenting the actual pendant, something that reminded you of a knife you'd seen in books about Inazuma, a kunai knife. One arm, his left one, had a detached sleeve, one that reminded you of a kimono sleeve, the end decorated with a circle of jade. The fabric itself was patterned with clouds.