Her enemy, my enemy- Chapter 8

DARCY
The spirit within Hogwarts was one bad day away from being destroyed. Nothing was the same.

The Great Hall had changed. Every table and chair had been taken away. Every student had to stand in perfect rows in their houses, each house being separated, a cross taking shape in the middle of the hall. No one was brave enough to go against Snape and his goons, not even Professor McGonagall, who just stood by and did nothing. Since the change in Headmaster, Draco and I had no chance of being together without Snape interfering.

HARRY
Hermione, Ron and I had spent the past 3 days searching for any of the horcruxes, and luckily we found 3 of them. After hearing that Snape had returned and taken over Hogwarts, I needed to go back. Hermione transported us back, getting to the front doors of the castle. We snuck in, managing to get to the first corridor before being pulled into a secret passageway.

"Don't remember this on the Marauder's Map." I pointed out as the mystery person spoke.

"That's because it never existed till now. The seven secret passages were sealed off, before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out, now. The grounds are crawled with Death Eaters and Dementors." Neville spoke as he smiled, happy to see me apparently.

We made our way through the castle. Hermione and Ron stayed behind while Neville warned everyone that I was back. I managed to grab my old Gryffindor robe and slip it on, putting the hood on so no one would see my face and be alerted. I got into The Great Hall, looking around at how broken the school had become. Before long, Snape spoke to everyone.

DARCY
Today's house meeting was one of many recently. Unfortunately, Headmaster Snape had requested our presence in The Great Hall in full uniform at 10 to 11pm.

"Many of you are surely wondering, why I have summoned you at this hour. It's come to my attention, that earlier this evening, Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade." Snape announced as if he was about to die of boredom. I hated how he went from being my potions teacher, to killing Dumbledore, to becoming Headmaster of Hogwarts.

"Now. Should anyone, student or staff, attempt to aid Mr. Potter? They will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their transcription, further more, any person found have to knowledge of these events, who fails to come forward, will be treated as equally guilty." Snape announced, hoping that he would hear something from the crowd of students that had gathered. He looked around especially at Ginny and her siblings, expecting them to come forward. I looked over at Draco, who seemed almost desperate to hold me in his arms, but he kept his composure.

"If anyone in here has any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening, I invite them to step forward." Snape waited. Silence filled the halls until I saw Harry walk out from his hidden position.

"It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a security problem, Headmaster." Harry spoke as the massive entry doors to The Great Hall opened, revealing everyone from the Order of the Phoenix, including my sister.

"I'm afraid it's quite extensive." He added before giving Snape a look of shame.

"How dare you stand where he stood? Tell them how it happened that night? Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him. Tell them!" Harry shouted at Snape, everyone shocked at his sudden outburst. Snape pulled out his wand just as Professor McGonagall got in front of him, making Snape hesitate for just a second as Hermione, Ron, Mrs Weasley and the rest of the Order lifted their wands, ready for a battle.

I saw Draco, the fear in his eyes as he looked back at me for comfort. After a few seconds, Professor McGonagall began a duel with Snape, like Harry and Draco back in their 2nd year, luckily beating him because he apparated and left the school.

Once the duel was over, everyone relaxed until everyone, including Harry, got a message from Voldemort, instructing anyone who wanted a reward, to give Harry over.

"What're you waiting for? Someone grab him!" Pansy shouted as everyone looked at her. Ginny stood in front of him protectively, soon being joined by most of the Weasley family, members of the Order, even myself. I held Hermione's hand as she supported Harry. We all gathered around him, creating a barrier just in case someone tried to take him.

After Mr. Filch arrived, untimely, Professor McGonagall spoke.

"Mr. Filch, your arrival is most opportune. If you would, I would like you please, to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin house, from the hall." McGonagall instructed.

"Exactly where is it I'll be leading 'em to, ma'am?" Mr. Filch asked.

"The dungeons would do." McGonagall spoke as the entire Slytherin house, including Draco was escorted out of the hall, everyone else erupting into cheer.

I wanted so badly to stop them from taking Draco away, but Hermione would have stopped me.