forty one

────────────────────

EREN STARED AT THE LETTER IN FRONT OF HIM, nervous as to what in the world he was doing. today was the day he had to leave for new york, after through so much coaxing with his parents to allow him to go, they eventually gave in but something felt off.

he knew about your wedding with reiner since mikasa told him, trying to help him regain his lost memories of you. eren's cramping headaches returned frequently throughout the days he was in and out of the hospital and he didn't know how to stop them.

the male sighed, returning his attention back to the piece of blank paper. he wondered what to write, it honestly felt weird just to randomly write a letter to someone who presumed you were in love with before you lost your memories. the pen in his hands clicked as few times as he nibbled on his lower lips, his hands began to move on their own, printing down words on the paper.

at the end of the letter, something told him to write, i love you. it again, felt weird to say, yet it felt like the right thing. so eren wrote it down before erasing scribbling it with his pen, his face heating up with embarrassment and he quickly folded the paper before throwing it again and grabbing a new sheet of paper. he rewrote what he wanted to say without the i love you and sealed it in an envelope.

mikasa then walked in, causing eren to jolt up and hide the envelope behind his back. the female was confused, raising an eyebrow as she entered the room.

"um, what are you doing?" eren nervously questioned as mikasa closed the door.

"um, telling you that we're about to leave in five minutes," mikasa said and eren sighed, nodding his head as he stood up. she smiled, "better hurry if you wanna drop that letter off to (y/n)."

"w-wha- how did you know i wrote a letter to her!" eren squeaked, his red cheeks returning causing mikasa to laugh lightly.

"it's written all over your face eren," mikasa said as she finished laughing, her expression turning back to normal. "are you positively sure you don't remember anything?" she questioned again, a little frown on her lips.

eren nodded his head, "yeah, i'm definitely sure. i've been trying so hard to remember— before she got married but it's too late." he spoke as his gaze lowered down to the envelope that was now brought in front of him.

it became silent and eren quickly brought a smile to his lips and looked at mikasa. "okay, we should go now if we don't want to be late. i'll be down in a minute," he said and mikasa nodded her head in silence, before leaving the room.

eren stood up, grabbing his belongings before he noticed a photo fall out from the jacket he also picked up. the photo fell onto his desk face down, so he couldn't see the picture. confused on why he had a photo in his jakcet pockets', eren reached for the photo and flipped it over.