seven

────────────────────

YOU DIDN'T ANSWER EREN WHILE IN A NONPLUS STATE, instead you just kept staring deep into his eyes whilst your heart was rapidly racing and your entire face was burning hot and you knew eren was being serious. despite his face being as red as yours, he was full with confidence.

"eren, i.." you started to say, but you didn't finish your words as you didn't know what to say.

"it's okay, you don't have to say anything," eren reassured, a small warm smile on his lips as his gentle grip on your hand loosened. "but.. i hope you can give me a chance, (y/n)."

a chance. could you possibly give him one? first, you were engaged to someone else and second, you barely knew much about eren. but he seemed desperate for it, he really wanted you to give him that chance.

when you hadn't said anything, you both returned back to the group. his words began to linger around your mind, and that was the only thought you had throughout the entire time.

mikasa noticed how awkward you had become with eren, and she pulled him aside when she got the chance to.

"did something happen between you and (y/n)?" mikasa questioned with concern, and eren sighed, nodding his head as an answer. she rested a hand on his shoulder, "tell me, what happened?"

"i confessed to her," eren admitted, and mikasa was just as surprised. he turned to look at mikasa, and continued on saying, "i told her that i had taken a liking to her. and that i wanted her to give me a chance."

"eren—"

"i know, she's engaged to reiner," eren began, his eyes averting down to the ground. "but shouldn't she be with someone that brings her happiness? where she can feel loved? i want that person, to be me. and with reiner, she wouldn't receive that. you know how much of a dick he is to her or to anyone really."

"i know eren, but what are you going to do about it?" mikasa raised an eyebrow.

"win her heart, obviously," eren states.

"and what if you don't?"

eren thought for a moment, then he looked right at mikasa in the eyes, confidentially saying, "i'll keep trying until i finally do."

𖤐

dinner finally arrived and grisha had reserved a private room for you all to dine in. everyone settled in their chosen seats, and the expensive meals and drinks were soon to be served. the older adults sat on one side, while the younger ones sat across from them.