thirty three

────────────────────

FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL WEEKS, you were barely out of the house. your father kept you inside because of reiner possibly, you didn't know why but you assumed he had said something about the argument to your father. the only time you were able to leave was whenever ymir wanted to go out and you couldn't see eren either way, because a guard followed wherever you went by reiner's request.

you hated reiner more than anything and whenever he came over to visit, you would ignore him. what pained you more was how your phone was confiscated, so you couldn't message nor talk to eren.

and of course, throughout all this, ymir was by your side, trying her best to comfort you in sorts of ways. she now knew the situation between you and reiner, how you truly didn't want to marry him and how you were in love with eren. it made her upset to see you like this, even angry that reiner did those things to you and also scolded you for not telling her anything.

you missed eren so much, his warm touch, his smile, him looking into your eyes, his soft lips against yours, his smell, his affection— everything. you wondered what eren was thinking and doing throughout all of this and you hoped he didn't think you were ghosting yourself away from him. would escaping late out at night be a good idea?

lately you've been feeling nauseated and worn out, and you told yourself that it was only an angry appetite for not having to see eren— though that wasn't necessarily the case. everything you found hell in your life at the moment, you blamed it on reiner.

"(y/n)~" ymir cooed as she opened the door to your room. she only had two weeks left before her and her family return home, so even though that was enough days to spend time with you, ymir made sure you both had as much time together. "still feeling like shit? want me to bring you some warm soup or something?" she questioned after she closed your door.

"i'm fine," you answered dryly. you were resting down on your bed, the stuffed animal eren bought for you in your arms and pressed down against your chest while staring up into the ceiling. that was your normal routine for the past days— laying in bed, eyes glued at the ceiling and not moving one bit until ymir made you leave the house with her.

"the sound of your voice tells me you're not," ymir said, raising an eyebrow as she walked over to you. "and when will that crazy fiancé of yours get rid of that guard? seriously, he's even standing outside of your room and what's even crazier that there's five more outside!" she huffed and you looked at her.

"i guess until we get married— ah, or even until the day i die, who knows," you spoke with a sigh following afterwards.

ymir frowned, walking closer to you and sitting on the edge of your bed next to you. she had a hand pressed against your forehead, everyday she checked if you had a fever because of your nausea but usually found it in normal temperature. ymir sighed, her eyes continuing to pin on you.