91). Once More to Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

Anne was in her room, asleep in her bed. I made it a habit to check up on her every morning and night, just to see if she was okay if she needed anything. I know she's 15, but the overprotective father in me always wants to know if my sweet, kind daughter is all right. After seeing that Anne was okay, I softly pecked her forehead and brushed her hair. After which I started on my run.

30 minutes in, I was feeling the burn. I was about to start walking for a while, but a whimper caught my attention due to the Wolf-like hearing I had as an Animagus. Whatever it was, it sounded hurt and scared. I traced the whimper to a bush nearby, and I slowly reached through the bushes to find the most unlikely thing.

A puppy.

It was whimpering because he hurt his leg and could barely move. I felt bad for the puppy, and I carefully took him in my hands and brushed his fur.

"Hey, buddy..." I cooed softly to the puppy. "You okay? What happened?" The puppy continued to whimper as he spoke in my head.

'I escaped from the pound,' The puppy said mentally. 'The door was loose and I took my chance, but I hurt my leg, and then I came here...'

"Aw, it'll be okay," I said softly. "I have some supplies at home, I can try to fix that leg." I picked him up and carried him to the kitchen, where I remembered we had a first-aid kit and some bandages around that should fix the leg. "Do you have a name?" I asked the puppy as I got to work on his leg.

'No, I never had one.' The puppy said. 'I wish I had one...'

"Oh, well, let me try to come up with one for you," I said. "Rover? No, that's too classic... Rex? No, too unfitting..."

'What's this?' The puppy asked as he looked towards a can of peanut butter. 'Looks yummy...'

"That's it!" I said. "I know what your name will be. Peanut Butter!"

The puppy barked happily and wagged his tail

The puppy barked happily and wagged his tail. "You like that, huh?" I asked. "Cause I'll call you that from now on."

"Y/N?" Hermione asked from behind me. "Who are you talking to?" I quickly turned around as Hermione now had a good look at Peanut Butter, whose leg had been fixed to the best of my ability, as well as given some magical healing properties to heal it faster.

"Aww!" Hermione cooed as she walked to Peanut Butter and picked him up. "Aren't you the cutest thing? Yes, you are! Yes, you are!" She turned to me and asked, "Where'd you find him?"

"In a bush near the manor," I answered. "He was badly hurt at the leg, and I helped heal him. And his name is now Peanut Butter, cause that's the first thing that came to my mind."

"Well, do we have everything to take care of a puppy?" Hermione asked me curiously. "Because they have lots of responsibilities like baths and training, making sure they can live in a home..." She drifted off and her tone got softer and a little babyish as she kept talking to Peanut Butter. "And cuddles, and tickles and little kisses in between his ears!"