30

Jake

As Jungwon went to sleep, Jay and Sunghoon are still not back from when they went outside. I don't know why they left us, maybe to talk but it's taking a long time already and I'm getting nervous to what they're talking about.

Are they talking about me? Why?

Is Sunghoon perhaps asking Jay how to tell me we'll just be friends?

I close my eyes to try to to block those voices again but in doing so, I fell asleep.

As Jake fell asleep, his memories haunt him like a nightmare again.

The park is filled with laughter as children ran around the soft grass, shrieking and laughing as their parents chase after them.

The weather is also perfect for a family picnic, not too hot and not too cold, and you can see how each family is enjoying their time together after a long and stressful week.

Among the families in the park is also another family consisting of the parents and two kids, a young boy and a little girl. The siblings are eating their sandwich as they stay in the shade waiting for lunch to end before they will play chase again.

"Jake, can we get ice cream after?"

The little girl asks her brother secretly as the said boy giggled and nod.

"Sshh don't be noisy, mom will hear us."

They both finish their sandwich as they stood up.

"Where are you two going?"

Their dad asks as he drank his cola.

"We will just play chase again"

The two continue to play around until they got tired and decided to go buy ice cream from the nearby ice cream store.

They're both giggling as they ate their ice cream so none of them notice a truck speeding their way.

Hands were pulled apart from the grip, ice cream was thrown on the ground, screams are heard as the screeching truck crashed into a nearby tree halting it in the process.

Emergency numbers are dialed as a couple ran to the street, hearts breaking and world crashing as they approached their children lying on the ground, blood covering their once neat clothes, eyes close and body limp.

The boy opened his eyes slightly as he saw his sister being few feet away from him as his mother went to her. He heard his father asking him to not worry as help is coming.

A tear fell down from the boy's face as he look at his bloody and unconscious sister.

"J. . . Ja. . . Jac. . Jackie. . .I'm . . I'm sorry"

With the few incoherent words from the boy, he felt his eyes close and his surrounding faded as his world went in complete darkness.

Jake can hear them.

"Jaeyun. . . please don't leave mom and dad alone. . . we know you love Jaeyeon so much but please don't leave us too"

Even with his little body hurting all over, Jake opens his eyes causing his mother to immediately hug him as she call the doctor.

Jake was confused. His mom is crying and his dad is nowhere to be seen.