(Chaper 44) Hot As Hell

Start from the beginning

"Well, they can't contact you but you can contact them. I've been sent their home address and phone numbers so you can approach them in whatever way you'd like. Though that's all you have, so you won't know what you'll be walking in to" Mom explains. I sit there thinking, wondering. "This is a lot so, I'll give you some space to think about it. Just let me know what you wanna do"

Mom gets up and walks over to me as I stand up, comforting me. I head upstairs and into Lucinda's room, hoping she's there. Which luckily she is.

"What's wrong?" Lucinda asks immediately as she sees my face. She gets up off her bed and wraps her arms around me. They're cold but I don't care. I just lean in to her as she strokes my head. Eventually, she guides me down and we both end up sitting on her bed.

"I'm able to contact my birth parents" I say as I remain resting on Lucinda's shoulder.

"How's that make you feel?" She asks.

"Conflicted. Part of me wants to meet them and find out why they gave me up. But the other half doesn't just to spite them. I know it's mean but I..." I start but can't think of how to finish.

"I take it you don't know why they put you up for adoption" Lucinda says, clearly watching her words since this is the first time we've ever talked about this.

"Mom said it was to give me the best life I could but that just sounds like show bullshit fairly tail puff piece to make me feel better" I say.

"Do you want me to find out for you?" Lucinda asks.

"I appreciate it but I'd want to hear the reason straight from them" I say, thankful that Lucinda's doing her best in a situation we're both not used to.

"Why don't you want to see them?" Lucinda asks.

"I guess I'm scared of what I might find. Like what if they're really bad people. Or they're dead. Or, what if they don't like me or even want to see me" I ramble.

"Well, if they didn't want to see you, they wouldn't have allowed you to contact them. And I doubt they're dead. As for what kind of people they are, you're not gonna know unless you go and find out" Lucinda explains.

"I guess you're right. Like always" I mumble.

"Well, whatever you choose, I'll support it" Lucinda says as she kisses my head which now rests in her lap.

"Can we just, cuddle tonight" I ask.

"Of course" Lucinda says as if I didn't even have to ask.

We both lay down on the bed with Lucinda as big spoon and me as little spoon, both of us indulging in the warmth the both of us create. I feel Lucinda gently kiss the back of my head and I soon fall asleep.

Y/n P.O.V

"I love you too" I mumble as Lucinda leaves the room. I look over to see my guitar in the corner. Guess I left it here before the whole Ivan situation.

I pick it up and start randomly strumming notes together. It's alright but I can't remember any of it so I decide it's best to look up something on my phone. Soon enough I find a good song and start learning it, hoping to play it to Lucinda later. I know it's not the most productive thing right now but I just need something to focus on, get my mind off everything else.