2❹

Maybe you know me in the future and you're just remembering it backwards

Day twenty-six: heroes

"-Chan. But I don't know why you call him that. Also father hates when you call out to them he says something about fusion and stubborn people." Eri chats away as Izuku re-focuses into the café. He looks around for any sign of danger still slightly disoriented.

"Pardon Eri?" He says sweetly placing a hand on the girls head just to make sure she was safe and real. "Why do you ask for Kacchan?" She ask. "Isn't he bad? Why would you say his name and be crying, also why is father so mad everytime?"

Izuku stumbled across his brain for an answer. "A Kacchan?" Izuku breaths out. "The boy, he's a boy." Izuku says looking down at the girl. "He was... father is mad at this Kacchan? Did he hurt us?" Izuku asks as if the girl would know.
Eri shrugs looking out the window. "I think he hurt you." She says. "Did he?"

The boy looks down in to red eyes. "I- I'm not sure. Maybe this boy, Kacchan... maybe we were friends?"
Eris face lights up. "Oh really?"
She smiles. Izuku nods. "I'll tell you a secret, I get shown people in my dreams maybe one of them is this Kacchan boy."

Eri nods eating her cake. "Buff yoph also calph himmm bakugoph" she says with a mouth full. "Eri!" Izuku scolds. "No talking with your mouth full! Eat your cake then you can talk." "Sorry brother." She apologise whipping her mouth.

Izuku smiles kindly eating his own pastry and looking into the sea of people outside. "Izu-nii?" Eri questions quietly. "Do you remember what he looked like?" Izuku pauses thinking back to the people he always sees. "Maybe I do, would you like me to tell you about the people I see?" He questions. Maybe if he says it out loud his brain will see how absurd it is. And stop the fantasy.

Eri bounces up and down in her seat looking to him to continue. Izuku giggles at the girl bopping her nose. "Okay then. Well one of them had blond hair and it was spiky like woof woof!" He says making his hands go in all directions. "He had beautiful red eyes just like you!" Izuku carries on placing his finger on the girls nose with a smile. "They're gorgeous. The only thing I ever see close up and in focus. Beautiful crimson ruby eyes. He's also tall. Maybe a head more than me!"

The girl giggles. "Your just short izu-nii everyone is taller than you!" The boy pouts taking a sip of water. "That's mean!" He says jokingly. "I'm taller than you!"

Eri puffs up her chest. "Father said I'm going to grow taller than you because you got brothers gen- gean- greenerics?" She stumbles. Izuku snorts. "Genetics." He corrected. "But brother is tomura? He's so tall!" Eri shakes her head, "No no like uncle, the brother of father!"

This caused the boy to pause. His uncle? He hasn't ever heard anything about him. Father doesn't speak of a brother. Not to Izuku at least. "Oh I see." Izuku says back. "Who else do you see?" Eri asks. "Well I see a short boy, the same as me, he has fluffy hair that's green, I never see his face but he's wearing his school clothes." "He has no face?" Eri says as if it's the most amazing thing. "No sweets he has a face I've just never seen it so I can't explain it." Eri nods her head sipping her drink. "Are there more?"

Izuku thinks back to his mother. It's best not to mention her to Eri. If father found out he'd be in trouble. Izuku decided to change topic. It was getting late and they still had things to do. Both of them had finished their food so Izuku stands putting on his coat. "Ready to shop?" He questions.

The two walk hand in hand out off the café thanking the girl on the register one last time. "Okay!" Izuku cheers as the enter the shop. He lets go of eri's hand to grab a basket and heads towards the first row of items. "Okay now Eri say close, I don't want to lose you in here." He says looking down to his side.