*Chapter 3 - Intention*

Start from the beginning

"Og drottningabían söng af hefnd blómanna og hetjudáðum töfraálfans. Og hún sagði að á bak við minnsta tréð sé einhver sem geti greint vond verk og refsað þeim líka."

You watch as Loki slowly stands from the chair and places Anthony gently in his crib. In one swift motion, Loki lays him down and pulls his arms out from underneath.

Loki walks over to you, and pulls you to him. He turns you by your hips so that you can look on the face of your sleeping child. He holds you from behind, placing his chin on your shoulder. You lean back into his chest and gaze upon the sleeping bundle for a few moments before clicking off the small lamp, and shutting the door quietly.

Standing in the narrow hallway, you turn back to Loki and put your arms around his waist, pulling him in close and leaning your cheek against his chest. You love the way you can hear and feel his heart beat quicken whenever you touch him.

Loki places a few soft kisses on the crown of your head as he lightly runs his fingers up and down your back.

"You're an amazing father, Lo," you say quietly.

You feel his hands stop for only a moment, before resuming their travels up and down your shoulders and spine. You look up at him, curious as to why your words caused him to falter. Across his face is a look of contemplation.

"Hey," you say gently, turning his chin down so that his emerald eyes stare into yours. "You know that right? That you're a wonderful, dedicated, loving father?"

You see a tinge of pink begin to crawl into Loki's cheeks at your words.

"Thank you, my love," he says, placing a kiss on your forehead. "I suppose I...I don't have anyone off of whom I can model my own parenting. I do what feels...right. Promise me that if I ever fall short, you will tell me?"

Your first instinct is to laugh at the ridiculousness of Loki's request. You had felt for yourself the love and devotion he holds towards his son. You know Loki will never fall short. Yet upon staring into his gaze, you spy genuine concern and fear.

"Of course, sweetheart," you say, placing a loving hand on his cheek. "But I know I'll never have to," you say quietly, pressing your lips gently to his.

Loki sighs into your kiss, and you feel butterflies in your stomach. You laugh.

"What's so funny, kærasta?" he says, your giggle causing a smile to tug at his own lips.

"Nothing," you say, pulling back to take in his face. "I just can't believe I still feel my heart flutter every time you kiss me. I thought after a few years, that was supposed to wear off," you muse.

"Perhaps I could make something else flutter tonight, my love?" Loki whispers seductively, placing his lips to your neck, right below your ear, and sucking gently as his hands wander across your lower back. "Would you like that?" he growls seductively.

In response, you grab the waist of Loki's pants, and pull him into your hips as your lips fly back to his. Loki wraps his arms even more tightly around you as your hands dance up his side, his arms, his shoulders, and then wrap lovingly around his neck.

"Then say no more," he laughs, breaking the kiss and picking you up. You wrap your legs tightly around his waist as he carries you to your bedroom.

Pushing open the door, Loki takes you straight to the bed, tossing you down. You let out a quiet laugh as you bounce slightly on the mattress. Loki turns, and crosses back to shut the door to your room.