Twisted Thunder Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Yeah," Sofia replied.

"Ninja Storm," Tori called.

"Blizzard Storm," Sofia added.

"Ranger form, ha," they finished, morphing into the blue and white rangers.

"We don't have time. Tori, go for the gem. I'll hold these stone men off," Sofia ordered.

"Right," Tori agreed, ducking under the giant stone men as they rushed at them.

Sofia used her sword to block a baseball swing at her head and side kicked a second one. She was knocked to the ground by her legs being swept out by a third guard.

"For stone statues, they really hurt," Sofia groaned as rolled onto her feet and blocked another strike.

Tori ran into the dark cavern where the only light was that of this mysterious gem that was supposed to save Shane's life. She reached out to grab it off the pedestal it was floating above but was burned by its great light.

"How am I going to get to it if I can't touch it?" Tori wondered. 

Her question was answered by a bright light exploding from the translucent gem and forming into a spirit that appeared to be a female who appeared to be slightly older than her with long, curly black hair and dark eyes that matched her tan skin dressed in golden robes and bathed in gold light.

"Who are you?" Tori asked.

"I am Phosphos, the guardian of the Gem of Light," the spirit replied.

"How come I can't grab the gem?" Tori asked.

"You must prove to the gem that you and your companion have pure intentions," Phosphos answered.

"How'd you know about Sofia?" Tori questioned.

"The stone guards outside have been activated. You must have gotten by somehow," the ghostly girl answered in an almost bored tone.

"Tor, hurry up! These guys are more skilled than I thought," Sofia yelled into the cave. She'd tried to flip over one's head, but it grabbed her leg and slammed her into the ground, her ranger suit absorbing most of the impact.

"Ow," she coughed as the wind left her lungs.

"Our friend has been cursed. He's on the verge of dying and we need to save him," Tori explained.

"I'm sorry, but an antidote is not a valid excuse," Phosphos refused.

"If Shane dies, the rangers will fall apart and many more lives will be lost. Not to mention, two of our own will be lost to an evil spell," Tori cried, opening her visor.

"Did you say Shane?" Phosphos wondered.

"Yeah. And?" Tori asked.

"A year ago, you may have recognized me by another name...Skyla," Phosphos revealed, waving her hand. This caused the stone statues that were about to deliver the final blow to Sofia to crumble to rubble. Sofia leaped to her feet and placed her sword in its sheath, joining Tori in the cavern.

"Skyla? As in, the girl who gave Shane his battlizer?" Tori questioned.

"Yes. After I passed on, I was transformed into what you see before you and given the title of guardian of the Gem of Light until there was a time when somebody was worthy of its power," Skyla explained.

"Shane misses you," Tori commented.

"And I miss him. You may take the gem. But hurry. It'll be worthless if you don't get it to him before sunrise," Skyla allowed, disappearing into her sphere of light and floating into the gem.