Chapter 46 - Going To The Rave

The next morning I was woken up by a phone call from Allison.

“Hey, Allison. What’s up?”

“Okay so, Matt asked me to the rave and I said yes, but I can always change my mind if it’s too weird because I know you’re going.”

“I’m not going anymore actually and it’s not too weird at all. Hey, can you please tell Matt that my dad changed his mind and said I couldn’t go so I gave my ticket to Erica and that I’ll get Isaac to give him the 40 bucks tonight?”

“Yeah, sure.”

“Okay, thanks.”

“No worries, I’ll see you around.”

“Yep, bye.” I hung up the phone and went down stairs, grabbed my iPod and Buster and went for a run.

I didn’t know where I was running to, but I decided on the woods. I was brainstorming. Trying to think of other people I knew who couldn’t swim. I knew Derek was going to ask me. He heard my heart rate, he knew I was keeping something, but I couldn’t tell him about Matt. I had to tell him something else, but I didn’t know what. Then Derek’s words came back to me ‘If you were to talk to him he may persuade you to not tell me’ sure he was talking about Stiles at the time and Matt wasn’t persuading me, but I felt guilty. He was right. I would hold back information if it meant I was protecting people I care about and if they asked I probably wouldn’t tell Derek if they had good reasons, but then if I was wrong and Matt was the master then Derek would be mad (that’s a polite way of saying how he would feel/what he would do… to me).

I was running for a good 2 hours. Perks of being a werewolf I didn’t get worn out all that much and Buster was an extremely fit dog. Once I got home, and had an exceptionally long shower, I waited for Derek to show up to take me to the rave which I wasn’t attending.

***

“Are we seriously all going in the same car?” I asked Derek while looking at Isaac and Erica in the backseat of the car and Boyd in the front seat looking very content.

“You’re tiny you’ll fit.” Boyd answered getting out and pulling the leaver that pulled the seat forward for me. Once I popped my head into the back of the car Isaac moved over to the side with a huge grin leaving the middle (smallest) seat for me to sit.

“Thank-you Isaac.” I said sarcastically, sitting down and handing over $40 to him. “Can you please give that to Matt and say it’s from me.”

“Sure, but why?”

“He got the tickets and that’s what I owe him.”

Erica looked at me then smiled.

“What?”

“Nothing. I said it once I’m not going to say it again.” She said. I lightly elbowed her knowing that she was referring to her thinking that I should get back with Matt.

After the 30 minute drive from my place to the warehouse I had a feeling I was going to be really stiff the next day. I was practically sitting on Isaac the entire time. Derek had definitely overestimated the size of his back seats or he was just getting back at me for criticizing his car the other day. Either way Isaac had to help me and Erica out of the car. I loved the Camaro. I did, but for five people?

“Okay, Isaac and Erica,” Derek began, handing them the tickets. “Scott is inside with a plan and will tell you once you’re in. Boyd and Anna you’re with me. The Argents are more than likely here and we can’t let them interfere.”

“When you say they’re here I assume you mean with guns?” Boyd asked.

“Yes and that’s why I need you.”

“My desire to go to the rave is suddenly heightened.” As I said it, Isaac put an arm around my shoulders and gave a tight squeeze.

“Have fun.” He said to me and then walked away with Erica.