Chapter 45 - Hold Up Sparky

My trip to see Matt wasn’t special. When I got there he wasn’t in his room, I just caught him walking back into is. I criticized him for walking around and told him to rest than we talked about random stuff. He didn’t remember anything just before which was weird because the Kanima only paralyses, but apparently Jackson had also hit him. Allison hadn’t said anything about me being there so I just went along with it. After about an hour I went home to find my dad just setting dinner out on the table. We had dinner and watched some TV together however he did tell me to clean up the opened packet of chips and half drunken ice coffee I left on the table before when Derek rang me. Then I went to bed, but I couldn’t sleep. I kept thinking back to the conversation Derek and I had had that morning. Why was he so interested in me liking Stiles and did he really think that it would affect me that much or did he just not want me around him for another reason?

Eventually I did get to sleep, but I didn’t wake up until 11 which felt really good, but of course I had a text on my phone, which I should have answered three hours ago, from Derek.

Meeting Scott at the clinic at six. You and Isaac are coming –Derek

I replied saying I would meet him at the station at 5:30 than went down stairs to get some breakfast/lunch. I was eating when I got a text from Matt saying he got the tickets and dropped them off at my place earlier, but I wasn’t awake so he gave them to my dad who put them on the fridge. He also added in that he waited a few hours to send the text knowing I wouldn’t be up for a while. I smiled knowing how much he knew me. The day went pretty slowly and I didn’t feel like going out so I watched some more House M.D. and played Sims, yes I play Sims, don’t judge.

Finally it was 5:15 so I went outside to get in the car, but was met by Derek who wound down his window.

“I decided to pick you up instead. Save having to go back to the station after to pick up your car.”

“Thanks,” I said as I got in the car and turned the radio up which earned me a glare from Derek. “What? Your young, you’ll live. Oh and Matt got the tickets.” I said handing them over to him.

“Okay I’ll give them to Isaac and Erica.”

“Whoa whoa whoa… hold up there sparky. I got the tickets and I don’t get to go?”

“I thought it wasn’t your scene.”

“That was weeks ago. Come on, please.” I said giving him the sweetest smile I could manage.

“An innocent smile isn’t going to help you. I need you and Boyd outside with me.”

“Seriously? Erica is feistier then I am and Isaac has been a beta around the same time as I have so can’t you have one of them instead of me and I already told Matt that I was going and would give him the rest of the money tomorrow night.”

“You’ve had more training then they have and have proven to be a better fighter.”

“I haven’t fought Erica or Boyd and I only knocked Isaac down once.”

“Can you please stop arguing?”

“Fine… but you owe me $150.”

Derek looked at me briefly then reached for his walled and chucked it to me. “Get it out.”

I opened his wallet to see quite a few $50 notes. “Holly crap.”

“Just the $150.”

“Technically you owe me more considering the trouble I got to get the tickets and the not letting me go thing.”

We pulled up outside a fuel stop. He grabbed the wallet and chucked me the $150. “I’ll buy you an ice coffee.”

“Deal.” I said smiling.