Chapter 43 - WHAT?

I was alone for quite a while after that waiting for the write time to send a text to Matt. I didn’t believe that he still liked me – we were just friends and it had been a year.

Hey Matt! I was just wondering if you and all your brilliantness would do me a huge favour and manage to find me two tickets to the rave this Friday. –Anna

The bell had rung so I knew Matt’s reply wouldn’t be too far away. Which it wasn’t.

I can do my best. Who are you planning on taking? –Matt

Crap, I don’t know. Isaac? Boyd? Erica? Derek…?

Isaac. With everything he’s been through he could use a night out and so could I :) -Anna

Sounds great. I’ll keep you posted on the tickets. I’m planning on going with someone as well, but if you’re not going to be at school I could just meet you outside the rave and give them to you then?
–Matt

Sounds great. I owe you and who’re you taking? xxx –Anna

It’s a surprise :) -Matt

I was texting Matt for a while longer over the rave and useless banter trying to get him to tell me who he was taking, but he never caved.

After about another hour of being alone in the station I went home. I spend the rest of the day watching House M.D. and I went for a run with Buster. I was quite comfortable on the couch eating chips and drinking the ice coffee I made when Derek called me.

“Hi. What’s up? You wanna know who my first kiss was now?”

“I already know that. Erica’s in detention with Stiles, Scott, Alison, Matt and Jackson. I want you to go to the school and eavesdrop. Apparently you’re good at it and I’m pretty sure I’ll get the information quicker from you then from Erica.”

“Okay. And WHAT?”

“What?”

“How do you know that?”

“I assume we aren’t talking about detention.”

“No we are not.”

“My last year of school the principal at the time decided to throw a social for ages 10 and up I remember seeing you and Scott.”

I let out a nervous laugh because it was true. “Okay. There is no way in hell you remember that! That was six years ago and we were 10! How are you even sure it was us! You didn’t even know who we were!”

“You just proved that it’s true and no I don’t remember, I never went, but Isaac told me. Can you get moving?”

“I’m already half way down the road.”

“You’re talking on your phone while driving?”

“Okay, fine. Goodbye Derek!” I said and hung up the phone with a smile.