A Lovely Afternoon

I sigh deeply as I open my eyes. The sun is shining brightly onto my comforter, causing me to roast like a Thanksgiving turkey. I roll out of bed and slump over to my bathroom. Sitting down to pee, I think about last night. I wanted to bring Alex to my bed so badly. His kind eyes, his thick build, and that ass—hot damn! I brush my teeth and exit my bedroom, grabbing my phone on the way out. I check it for messages.

Are you free tonight? I have the day off. Alex texted.

A surge of excitement erupts from within my belly.

Sure. Want to come over to my place?

I pour myself a bowl of Lucky Charms and as I pour the milk, my phone vibrates.

That sounds great. What time?

I tap my finger against my chin as I chew a spoonful of cereal.

How about 3:00? We can watch movies and order food or something.

See you at 3:00.

I grin from ear to ear, jumping and twirling in place. I pump my fist once and then I get back to my breakfast, shoveling it in my mouth. I put the bowl in my sink and then sprint to my room. I tear my closet doors open and my eyes scan my clothing. I grab the sexiest, most padded bra I have along with a skimpy pair of panties. Which reminds me—I haven’t shaved down there. Just as I think about getting my razor and some Coochie Cream, I stop for a moment.

Am I really ready to have sex with Alex? I ask myself. I mean, I was dying to get down to the dirty work last night but that was just my impulsive side thinking. Well, if you don’t have sex, would could only fool around.

I put the panties back and pick out a pair of cute hipsters. I continue to select my outfit—black, form-fitting crop top with a floral design, high-waist black skinny pants and simple black socks. I shower, shampooing my thick hair twice as to make sure it’s perfectly clean. I get dressed and a turquoise cross necklace with gold skull earrings and cross studs are put on. I do a nice neutral smoky eye and I’m ready to go.

I plop down on my couch with my hands resting on either side of me. I wait patiently. I look at the clock on my phone—it’s only 12:13 pm. Great. I stand and look around my apartment. Some of my Blu-Ray cases are askew so I quickly fix them, standing back to observe them in their rightful place. I then go to brush my teeth again. I stare at myself in the mirror observing my makeup. I spit the toothpaste out and rinse my mouth three times. I make sure there are no smudges from my mascara and then a move back out into my living room.

I pad over to the kitchen. I slowly wash my cereal bowl, drying it, and putting it back into the cabinet. I scrub my granite countertops with vinegar spray and then I spray Febreze to cover up the smell. As I journey back to my couch, I stop for a moment. I’m acting very nervous. Why? I have hung out with Alex before. I get these ideas in my head in which I plan everything out on how it’s going to go and then it never works out that way. I just need to stop.

I sit down and turn on the TV. I go to my DVR and play a Barefoot Contessa episode. I lie back and relax, careful not to mess up my hair too much. I watch Ina Garten as she prepares homemade tomato soup with grilled cheese croutons—yum. And before I know it, I’ve dozed off.

I wake with a jolt as my phone goes off—good thing I turned my volume up on it. I check it and I have received a text from Alex that he’s on his way. I run to the bathroom, checking to make sure everything is as perfect as it possibly can be. I pace my living room impatiently as I wait for Alex to arrive. My heart is beating faster than normal and my palms are sweaty. Why am I so nervous? There is a knock at the door and I count to three before walking over and opening it.