A Day at the Ballpark

I am actually going to a Tigers game today and I am more nervous than I ever have been in my entire life. Not only do I have to be around both Alex and Max at the same time but I also have to be around all the significant others of the Tigers. They got us box seats.

As I try to keep calm, I get dressed. I was able to find a black Tigers tee and I pair it with my classic black skinny pants and black TOMS. I put on a simple cat eye with gold eye shadow and my jewelry consists of a silver cross and silver English D earrings. Red-orange lipstick finishes the look.

I arrive at the ballpark and I'm whisked away by security to the box seats. My heart is pounding in my chest so loud that I can hear it in my ears. All the Tigers significant others are busy talking to each other and I stand there awkwardly until two blonde women spot me. I recognize one of them--Kate Upton. I feel my blood run cold. She's the definition of sexy.

"Hey, you must be Elizabeth..." Kate says. I nod. "Well I'm Kate and this is Ashley, Bryan Holaday's wife." She smiles, gesturing to the other blonde woman.

"Hello," I say with a weak smile.

"So you're here for Alex, right?" Ashley asks.

"Yes, I am. Although, I'm also friends with Max."

"Oh, yeah, that's right! You met the guys in Cleveland."

I silently gulp at the thought of that trip. "Yeah--"

"--we should take our seats," Kate interrupts, saving me. "Come sit between Ashley and me, Elizabeth."

I follow them, summoning looks from the other wives, girlfriends and fiancés. I normally don't feel this self-conscious--I'm a very confident person but I'm out of the element right now. I slide into my seat and fold my hands on my lap. Not a few seconds later, I realize that we are doing the National Anthem so I quickly assume the position and then quietly sit back down.

"So, Elizabeth," Kate says, turning toward me. "How long have you been dating Alex?"

"I don't know if you could call it 'dating'. We've only had one date since I don't count the dinner in Cleveland." I smirk.

"Oh... well, he's a really great guy!" Kate adds.

"How do you know Max?" Ashley asks. She tilts her head slightly.

They are asking a lot of questions--but they're supposed to be easy to answer, right? "Um, I work at a floral shop and he came in one day and we just started talking!"

"Ooh, so did you two ever have a thing?" Kate questions, her voice hushed.

"Oh, God, no!" I say it louder and more exaggerated than I was planning. I quickly clear my throat and hunch my shoulders, hoping no one noticed me. I decide to change the subject. "Yeah, I only started watching baseball like a week ago. Alex recorded a game for the two of us to watch and he taught me all the rules and such."

"Really?" Ashley almost exclaims.

"Aw, that's so cute!" Kate smiles brightly, putting her hand on my arm.

Ashley laughs lightly. "So what do you think of it?"

"It's pretty good. I've never been much into sports but this I can definitely learn to like it." I nod assuredly.

"You might not want to say that too loud," Kate murmurs.

I actually enjoy my time with Ashley, Kate and the rest of the Tigers Wives. Everyone is really nice. I have to admit though, being at a baseball game can be a bit overwhelming in general. I mean, the game ended and I didn’t even know the score. I was too busy talking to the other women and absorbing the scenery.