32 | Never Be The Same

"You good?"

Joy looked at the ring in her finger, and closed her eyes. Baekhyun stood beside her and placed a hand on her back as she opened her eyes to smile at Sungjae, who was across the hall. Her hand felt heavy with the diamond that set her soul on fire and resentment.

"I can't believe this." She turned away, and saw Wendy talking to one of the guests in the engagement party. The blonde was surely having a blast.

"You want to throw that ring away?" Baekhyun joked, and she rolled her eyes. "Look, I know you hate it, but you should have done something to get out of it. Why won't you run away to Taehyung?"

"Stop it. You know the agreement." Joy glanced at him. "I don't know what kind of punishment Wen is giving to Taehyung, but she has made it very clear that she will expose him as a bastard if I went to him."

"She's not always right," the older muttered. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have give you a red card."

"Doesn't matter. Wen knew it already. She just wanted me to confess." Joy again gazed at the ring, and sighed. "When she asked me to choose whether I want to be with Sungjae or not back in the car, she was showing humanity that was going to get switched off afterwards. That's why I didn't trust her."

"You deserve to be happy."

"Well, I will be."

"Without Taehyung?"

She met his eyes and gulped. "Just like you'll be happy without Hera."

Baekhyun chuckled. "Jokes on you, sweetheart, I'm marrying Hera. I'm not the sacrifice type. Although I would have had to give up if Wen hadn't agreed-"

"You were ready to give up Hera if Wen hadn't agreed?" Joy raised her brows, and he hummed, conflicted. "I understand my reasons. That Taehyung is a bastard son, and his lie will be a death sentence for him, but what about you? What has Wen over you?"

"Let's not talk about this." Baekhyun patted her back, and smiled. "You should start watching Vincenzo for new tricks. Might help you get your revenge on my sister. It has a lot of ideas on how to torture someone, that includes cutting off the ear if someone eavesdrop on you. Right, Sungjae darling?"

Sungjae laughed nervously, and stepped in front of them. "I apologise for interrupting. May I have a dance with my fiance?"

"No, you can't." Baekhyun took Joy away from him, and the man stared at the duo as they strolled away from him.

"I just got engaged to him in front of Familia in this damn expensive hotel, and you refused the dance? Are you out of your mind?" Joy hissed, and he chuckled.

"I have my own plans. Do you also want to kill my sister? I'll include you if you want."

"Let's stop joking." Joy slapped his shoulder and walked away. Baekhyun chuckled to himself, and glanced at Wendy across the hall, who looked confused at his antics, still smiled. He straightened up, and smirked.