17 | Before You Go

Taehyung leaned his head against the window, and watched Joy as she marched out of the school gate in hurry. She looked flustered for some reason, and he sat up alert when a boy came after her, stopping her in the mid way.

"His name is Jaehyun. He likes Joy for two years, must be confessing right now because it's their senior year, and Joy is going to graduate in a few months." Mingyu was quick to tell his research about the life Joy had been living, and how the people around her were a part of the routine.

"Interesting." Taehyung hummed, and rolled the window down to hear their conversation clearly, but got disappointed when nothing spicy came up.

Joy was a smart girl, or he could say woman, now that she was eighteen, just the right age for her to be his. She didn't let Jaehyun get her into the conversation he wanted, but kept distracting the topic, and eventually dropped the bomb of her being engaged to someone else.

"Engaged? You're young and -"

"None of your business." Joy's answer was a harsh one, and Jaehyun backed off after a little while.

"Aren't you going to break that guy's legs?" Mingyu questioned his boss, and he chuckled.

"My woman is capable of doing her own shit. I don't need to do anything." Taehyung took a deep breath, and climbed down the car as he took a long strides towards her, and Joy jumped, startled when saw him in front of her as soon as she made her way to the parking lot.

"Taehyung." She bowed her head in respect, and a sick part of him liked it. He had always wanted people to bow down to him, but something about her doing that troubled him.

"Greetings, my fiance." He grabbed her shoulders gently, and pulled her up, as he stepped closer. "How are you doing?"

"I thought my father had asked you to stay away till-"

"Till you become of a certain age, and that you are now as we speak." He looked around, and noticed how the little kids were staring at him across. "Would you like to have a cup of coffee -"

"Why don't you do it with that blonde girl with whom you were clicked last week?" Joy blurted out, and pressed her lips as he smirked. "Why are you being so arrogant? You're the chairman of the most successful hotels chain in South Korea. People know you, and exceptional to your beliefs, I like to be updated with the world."

"Sooyoung, don't be like this. We're meeting after a long time. Why not catch up?"

"No thanks." She tried walking past him, but he came in her way again and she gasped as she collided with his hard chest, her face inches away from his.