38

Entering my house, I found the two familiar women sitting on one of the couches in the living room, the TV on and porn displaying in front of them. My eyes trailed down to their hands which were in their pants. I gagged loud enough for them to hear me, not bothering to hide my disgust. How fucking gross—

"Your husband is probably dead and you're watching porn?" I asked Liza, standing a safe distance away from them.

"What are you saying?" Liza asked, looking up at me while removing her hand from her pants, wiping them on them making me look away, completely grossed out. Guess I'd be fasting for the next few years— "Noah is at a party in Michele Yang's house."

"He was shot," I informed, my tone unbothered, "and was taken to the hospital. Now he's probably fighting between life and death while his wife and daughter from an unknown woman are watching porn and finger fucking themselves. Unbelievable!" Not so, actually.

"Wh-which hospital?" Dana asked, her lips trembling.

"Go find out by yourself." I replied coldly before walking away, heading towards the stairs. I needed a bath, definitely.

"Alexia! Tell us which hospital he's in." Liza's voice was demanding making me roll my eyes, shooting her a glare.

"Liza! Go find out which fucking hospital he's in by yourself." I mocked, my fingers itching to grab my gun and shoot her. I could do it, nobody was stopping me. My dad was too dead to bother, Dana was incapable of doing anything and Liza was defenseless.

"How do we—" Dana asked but was cut off by the siren of an ambulance.

A few men entered my house, carrying a body covered in a sort of white drape. They had already cleaned the body.

After placing the body on the ground, one of them turned to face us and spoke in a very professional tone, "Noah Trey Ivanov died today. Time of death— 8:20 pm. Cause of death— heart attack."

I watched as Liza and Dana broke into tears. Liza, feeling the need to be dramatic knelt on the ground next to the body and Dana followed her actions, the two knelt beside my dad's body before Liza hugged him. She freaking hugged him, with the same hand that was inside her pants a few seconds ago, she hugged a dead body. Disgusting.

Looking away from the sight, I turned to look at one of Ares's man who had a disgusted look on his face. "Thank you," I whispered to him. He stared at me a few times before nodding, a smile settling on his face, "no problem. How can you live with them?" I shrugged in response, my eyes going to the two dramatic women.

"Why?!" Liza shouted, crocodile tears falling from her eyes, "why did this have to happen? Noah please baby, come back to me! Please!" I glanced at the man beside me who had his fist in front his mouth to prevent himself from laughing.

"You can drop the act," my voice startled the two, "both you and I know that you didn't love him at all. All you wanted was his money, you dramatic ass."

"What do you mean?" Liza stood up, wiping her tears with the back of her hand, "you know what Alexia? I've had enough of you! When all this property will be mine, you'll become homeless! I'll fucking throw you out of my house!"

"Sure," I muttered with a nod which made the man beside me snicker. I was about to say something else but didn't get the time to as my eyes caught sight of a man entering the house with a lot of papers in his hands.

"Is this the Ivanov Mansion?" The man asked, his eyes flickering from people to people in the room until they finally landed on me.

"Yes, it is." I replied, walking towards him, "I'm Alexia Ivanov. I'm the one who called you here, actually. You're John right? My dad's lawyer?"

"Indeed. How can I help you, Alexia?" John asked with a smile.

"Well—" I cleared my throat, trying to sound sad and I was successful, "—my dad is dead. He—" I paused, blinking a few fake tears away, "—he passed a few hours ago." I should be receiving an award for this.

"Noah is dead?" His eyes widened as he flashed me a sympathetic look, "oh my god, I'm so sorry. When's the funeral?"

"Maybe in an hour," I replied, "the reason why I called you here is because, well, someone needs to manage his empire and by empire I mean the mafia business as the company is already in my name. So, my dad signed some papers and transferred everything in my name just in case anything happens. I suppose you know about that?"

"Yes, yes, of course." John nodded, "Noah had made it really clear that everything was to go to you if anything was to happen to him. And I've brought the papers as you requested." He took out a paper from the black file he was holding in his hand and handed it to me. I read it, nodding when I was done. "Great, so, I just have to sign and everything will be mine, correct?"

"Correct," John grinned, taking out a pen, "then I should put my signature just below yours to validate everything. That's it." Handing me the pen, I quickly signed the papers and gave it back to John who also put his signature just below mine.

"This is validated," he put his pen back in his pocket, "congratulations! I shall be going. Please do inform me when the funeral shall be. I'll be there. Goodbye and I'm sorry again for your loss, Ms Ivanov." Not knowing what to say, I only nodded in response and watched him walk out of my house.

"As the new owner of the house, I can kick you out, Liza. Since, dad is dead— you're no longer related to me in any ways. Leave this house and go back to your parents' house." I said seriously to the woman in question, "but you can leave tomorrow, after the funeral."

"As for you, Dana—" I turned to look at Dana whose face was pale, "—as we unfortunately share the same dad, I'll do you a favour and allow you to stay here. You're gonna have to work though." Ignoring the gasp that left her mouth, I continue, "There's no way I'm letting you take my money and do whatever shit you do."

"What work?" She raised her voice, "I don't know how to work! I never worked my whole life!" I frowned at her words, flashing her a glare, "do I look like I care? You have to earn your own money if you want to survive. Now, arrange for a funeral for him and invite his friends and relatives for all I care."

"As for you guys, feel free to go back where you came from. Thank you." I turned to Ares's men and dismissed them with a wave of my hand.

"It was a pleasure," replied the same man who was standing beside me. He gave me a friendly smile before leaving with his partners.

**

"How did things go?" Ares asked as I sat down on my bed before replying, "better than I expected. I feel free without him in my life." I had just taken a bath and changed into a shirt and a pair of shorts. I was drying my hair when Ares called.

"What about your mom?" He questioned, "will you tell her what you did?"

"I'll tell her tomorrow," I replied, "I don't think she'll be coming to his funeral though." Just then, I felt something rising up in my throat, getting the intense need to throw up. I quickly rushed to the bathroom, entering the toilet before emptying my stomach.

I threw up three times in a row. After rinsing my mouth and washing my face, I stared at myself in the mirror. Sweat was dripping off my forehead despite the fact I just showered a few minutes ago. My face was paler than it ever became and my hair was a mess. I looked like a freaking ghost.

Then it clicked. My eyes widened, my heartbeat accelerating as I thought of the possibilities. Of fucking course. Ares and I had sex a lot of times and we never once used a condom. The possibility of me being pregnant was really really high.

Fuck.