37

Days went by quickly and it was finally time for the mission to take down my asshole of a father. In those four weeks that went by, Ares and I had gotten extremely close.

We've been dating for two months. Every once in a while, we'd hang out, do random things like eat ice cream, go to clubs, make out, go to his private house and spend the day watching movies. It was weird how normal everything was—how easy he made everything seem. And what was funny was that I didn't even care. I wanted Ares and I to live our entire lives together. Nobody were aware of our relationship except Ana, Austin and Xavier. I've met them a couple of times, hanged out with them as well and we even started a nice friendship. They were fun to be with— for once in my life, I did not seem like a woman who was taught only how to kill in her childhood. With them, I was only a normal twenty four year old woman who was hanging out with her boyfriend and friends. It was refreshing.

"Alexia, are you ready?" Ares asked through the earpiece. I hummed in response, "yeah. I see my dad, he's speaking with Michele's brother. I dismissed all of his men, by the way. You can start."

Ares was in his car, which was parked across Michele Yang's house. All his men were waiting for orders to crash inside and kidnap my dad while I was already inside as I was also invited to that party.

"Launch the smoke bombs," I heard Ares ordered. I leaned against the wall, keeping a safe distance between my father and I as I watched smoke beginning to fill the yard. I quickly slid on the pair of goggles offered by Ares so I could see through the smoke.

Everywhere became foggy. As if on alert, I noticed my dad removing his gun while trying to wave off the smoke to see but in vain. I could see him perfectly well through the goggles I was wearing even though I looked like an utter idiot but that didn't matter. Nobody could see me so that was all right.

Ignoring all the confused voices and screams, I slowly crept up behind my dad and injected the sedative in his neck, making him fall unconscious within a few seconds. I caught his limp body before he could fall on the ground.

"Come and take him away," I said to Ares who replied with, "on my way."

No less than five seconds later, Ares's men, who were all wearing goggles similar to mine, came and carried my unconscious father away to their car.

"Now go, I'll see you at your house," I said to Ares who replied, "Good Job, love. See you soon." I took off the ear piece and slid it in my purse before taking off the goggles as well, hiding it.

However, instead of leaving instantly, I stayed there in order not to seem suspicious because my dad disappeared. A few minutes later, the smoke disappeared and everywhere became clear again.

"Is everyone alright?" Michele asked, his eyes flickering from guest to guest in his backyard. His eyes fell on me and he flashed me a smile.

"Where is your father?" He asked, walking towards me with his hands clasped behind his back. I replied in a calm voice, "Liza fell sick suddenly so he had to leave. He told me to apologize on his behalf."

"It's all right dear, really. I understand." Michele replied sweetly, "you're staying right? Or you have to go too?"

"Unfortunately, Liza is my mother too," I bit the insides of my cheek at my own words, "so I care about her and I have to see if she's alright."

"Ah, I understand," he clicked his tongue against his cheek, giving me an understanding nod, "tell her I told her to get well soon!" I only nodded in response before starting to walk away from the man, heading towards the exit. I slid in my car and drove away from the place.

I went to Ares's house and headed to his basement where he texted me he was with my father.

"You're here," Ares spoke up the moment I entered the place. I nodded, my eyes falling on my father who was tied in a chair, his hands behind it's back, his legs tied to it's legs, his head lowered and his eyes closed.