33

"Scarlett!" The woman who I think her name was Nina shouted, "your daughter is a murderer! She had as gun! She's a fucking danger to you, Ben, Carl, every— " I cut her off, fighting the urge to roll my eyes at her drama, "—if you don't chose your next words carefully, I won't hesitate to use this very gun on you."

She instantly shut her mouth.

"Keep whatever happened tonight to yourself or you'll end up dead—" I paused, tilting my head to the side as I stared at each and every person who were standing in front of me, "—actually if you tell anyone about us, you'll be putting that person in danger as well. It's for your own good now we've got to go."

"You're gonna teach me how to do what you do right?" Ben asked with a smile.

I chuckled before saying, "sure thing. I love you." He smiled brightly in response, "I love you too. I would've hugged you but my new clothes would be filled with their disgusting blood and I don't want that."

"It was nice meeting you people." Ares said, both him and I knowing he did not mean it. He then turned to look at Ben, a small smile tugging at his lips, "Happy birthday once again."

Ben shot him a nod in response before we both walked out of the house. I slid in the passenger seat and buckled my seat belt as did he.

"I'll take you to my house so that you can clean yourself up, yeah?" He had one of his hand on the steering wheel while the other one was messing with his hair as he started the car and began driving.

"Okay," I muttered, "thank you."

"For what?" He furrowed his brows, glancing at me for a few seconds before returning his gaze back to the road.

"They came for me, not for you." I responded. He could've leave. He could've walked away but he didn't. "Yet, you helped me, risking yours and your men's lives. So, thank you."

"You don't have to thank me," he said as a smirk made it's way onto his face, "you aren't going away from me anytime soon, amore."

"It was fun though," I leaned comfortably in my seat, receiving a hum from Ares, "it really was. It just shouldn't have been there, in front of everyone and on your brother's birthday."

"Right," I pursed my lips in a thin line, my mind drifting to my dad, "about my father—" he cut me off, shaking his head slightly, "—enough about your father. We'll take care of him in due time. Give yourself a break."

"Yeah," I cleared my throat, "okay." He was right. I was always thinking about my father. I couldn't be at ease as long as he was to live. With only one word from him, my mom, Ben and Carl could end up dead within seconds. As for the others, they could die for all I care. They were only a bunch of nuisances whom I did not have the intention of meeting ever again.

"We'll be going to my private house because well—" he paused, letting out a small groan, "—I want to. We're here, anyway." Saying that, I looked out of the window and a huge gate came into view. The gate was opened and Ares drove in, revealing the huge mansion. It was not as big as the one he shared with his parents, probably because he lived there alone, but it was big. He parked the car in the garage which was filled with several other expensive cars before we stepped out. I ignored the hand he placed on my lower back as we made our way towards the door.

The moment we stepped in, I stared at the house I was standing in with astonishment. This dude had taste. There was a two steps stair just in front of me and a large living room with grey couches placed on a grey carpet was found on the right. There was a huge TV fixed on the wall with a fire place in the wall below it. Further in the room, there was the kitchen which was also very large. I wondered if he cook— "make yourself as home," his voice rang through my ears and I offered him a nod in response.