26

Ares and I met up outside, ready to take the people out down.

"I have a silencer. How about we just shoot them all dead?" I asked Ares who nodded and took out his own silencer, flashing me a smirk as he did so, "I have one too. Five each?"

"Sure thing," I nodded as both of us went out separate ways and began shooting one by one dead. The men were confused as they saw bullets coming from two directions. They didn't get the time to react, they were all dead.

"Good job," Ares said as he walked towards me. I managed a smile despite the unbearable pain in my abdomen.

Ares furrowed his brows as he stared at me, concern clear on his features, "Are you alright?"

"I am," I assured, "let's get this over with."

Ares nodded and we both walked inside. As soon as our families saw us entering the place, my father's eyes lit up, getting the hint that we cleared the place.

My eyes scanned the place, looking for a particular man. I exchanged a knowing look with Ares, the both of us then approached the familiar man. Gabriel looked at us with his confused face, probably because none of us drank his stupid champagne and were unconscious. I smirked at him before Ares speaking up, "let's have a little chat, shall we?"

"Wh-why?"

"Just come with us," my voice was stern,"we just wanna talk."

The older man nodded hesitantly as he followed us to a corner of the ballroom.

"So—" Ares leaned against the wall, his arms crossed, staring right at the man while I stood beside the guy with an arm draped around his shoulders. He stiffened at first but didn't dare to pull away. "—organising a party and planning to destroy two of the most powerful mafia families in the world is not a very wise idea, is it, Gabriel?" 

"Wh—" Gabriel masked the suprise on his face, clearing his throat, "—what do you mean? What are you talking about?"

"You don't have to play d—" I was cut off by a high pitched voice, "—Gabe! There are twenty four dead men in our house and ten outside!" Several pair of eyes were on Gabriel's voice as she spoke, "what is the meaning of this?" However, everyone went back to minding their own businesses shortly after.

"You think we didn't know about this little pathetic plan of yours, Gabe?" I mocked, smirking at the man whose face was pale, drained of it's colour.

"How do you want to die?" I questioned, "slow and painful death or quick and painless death?"

"Y-you ca-can't kill me," he stuttered out, gulping visibly.

"Wanna bet?"

"Take him to the base," Ares said to the three men who were now walking towards us, "we'll deal with him there." One of them was about to grab Gabriel's arm when someone screamed in the back, grabbing everyone's attention.

"If you touch my dad—" Thierry had a gun pressed to Ana's hand and his hand grabbing her arm tightly, "—I'll kill her."

"Everyone get out or you might get hurt." Edward said to the crowd who instantly ran out, not wanting get caught up in the middle of a fight.

"Ana..." Mirabella let out a gasp, tears forming in her eyes. Ana bit her quivering lips, tears beginning to fall from her eyes as well. Austin had his fists clenched to his sides while my family were barely concerned. However, I was. I heard Ares let out a string of curses as we both made our way towards the guy.

"Let her go this very instant or I will not hesitate to put a bullet through your thick skull," Ares's voice was colder than I've ever heard before. He was shooting daggers to Thierry with his eyes.

"Really?" Thierry scoffed, "I won't because I will save my dad!"

Ignoring his words, I took a cautious step closer, knowing very well on how the boy truly felt about the whole mafia thing. He might not remember but he confessed everything whilst he was under the sodium thiopental.

"Don't come closer or her blood will be on your hands!"

"You won't kill her," I said, my voice coming out surprisingly soft, "you aren't like that."

"Yeah?" He rolled his eyes, clearly not recognising me, "and what makes you say that? Do you want me to prove that I can kill her?" He was a seventeen year old, living for his father and not himself.

"You never wanted to be in this," I began, remembering his words, "you're just doing all this for your father because you want to make hum proud," ignoring the surprised look on his face, I continued, "but this isn't you. You are not one to hurt an innocent simply for your father. I know that, I know that right now, you'd rather be anywhere but here. But fuck that, I'm giving you one last chance—"my  eyes flickered to Ana's pale face, "—let the girl go."

"If I let her go," he gulped, "all of you will come after me."

"We won't," I replied seriously, "I promise. Now, just let her go."

He stared at me hesitantly. He was having a mental argument with himself, contemplating on whether he should let her go or proceed with his actions. I let out a relieved sigh when he slowly nodded his head and began lowering his gun from Ana's head all while glancing cautiously at everyone in the room.

"Thierry!" Gabriel shouted in distaste, "kill the girl! Save your father! Save m—" he was cut off by Ares who knocked him out cold with his gun. The man fell unconscious on the ground and Ares's men picked him up.

"I'm sorry," Thierry whispered to Ana only nodded in response as he released her and as soon as he did, Ana ran to her parents who hugged her tightly.

"Goodbye, mom," The seventeen year old said to his mother who was now crying. She mouthed ‘take care’ to Thierry who smiled in response, mouthing ‘I'll see you soon’ before walking out of the house.

"Thank you," I heard Ana say as she rushed towards me before wrapping her arms around me. I was taken aback by her action but slowly hugged her back as well. She tightened her grip around me

As soon as she did that, I winced in pain, unable to control the pained groan that escaped my mouth which made everyone look at me.

"What happened?" Ana asked, her face full of concern, pulling away.

"Are you hurt somewhere?" She asked again and that's when her eyes fell on my dress and her eyes widened which made me look at it so see it damp.

"I—" I was cut off by the black spots filling my vision. I couldn't speak and I felt myself stumbling backwards. However, someone managed to catch me before I could hit the ground.

I stared at Ares through my blurry vision. He placed his hand on my stomach and frowned.

"What happened?" Dad asked, not a hint of concern in his voice or maybe there was.

"She was stabbed." Ares replied, letting out a sigh before he added, "She's losing a lot of blood. We need to get her treated right now."

"Fuck," was the last thing I heard before everything went black.