14

The Salvatore Mansion was extremely huge and beautiful.

Inside was even more beautiful than outside. The house was luxurious and beautifully decorated, not to mention very clean also. We were led in the living room where everybody sat down.

I took a seat on the only available couch which was big enough for two. I glanced at Ares who was standing. His eyes met mine and he smirked before making his way towards me and took a seat next to me.

"So, what did you want to tell us?" Edward asked, leaning comfortably on the couch.

"We have been facing problems lately. Mostly, with the French and the Mexicans. I think that they've formed an alliance." Dad's voice was serious and emotionless. It was always like that when he'd speak business.

"They are not allies. We would've known if they are." Edward said, almost sure of himself which made my dad let out a humourless laugh.

"You think they would come to your door and tell you that they are now allies?" He mocked, "could you be more stupid, Edward?"

"Get straight to the point, Ivanov." Ares spoke in a cold voice, not liking the way my dad was speaking to Edward.

"I want us become allies," dad said, clenching his jaw. He clearly didn't like the way Ares spoke to him but he knew he couldn't do anything. "If the Mexicans and the French have joined hands then they're going to come after us." He said, getting straight to the point.

"We don't know if they are allies and why us?" He asked as he casually placed a hand on my thighs making me inhale sharply at the contact. There was just something about his touch which made me feel what people call ‘butterflies’. It was weird considering I've never felt that before.

"You're the first and I'm the second. We're technically the strongest. If we join hands, they wouldn't even think of coming after us." Dad said seriously, snapping me back from my thoughts.

"What do you think about this, Ares?" Edward asked Ares who stayed silent.

I really hoped that Ares would refuse but—

"Fine," Ares agreed which made my dad grin. I let out a sigh which didn't go unnoticed by Ares since he started rubbing soothing circles on my skin with his thumb as if he was letting me know that he knew what he was doing by agreeing.

"We need to befriend Gabriel's son." Dad said, "I heard that his son is stupid and he gives out information quite easily but only to those he trusts."

"We can force the information out of him." Ares suggested to which I hummed in agreement.

"He's only seventeen," Dad sighed, "If we kidnap Thierry now, Gabriel will declare war within seconds."

"So what are you planning to do?" I knitted my brows as I stared at my father in curiosity.

"You guys are going to befriend him." Edward replied making me advert my eyes from my father to him.

"What do you mean by ‘you guys’?" I questioned to which he replied, "you and Ares."

"Me and him?"

"Me and her?"

"Yes! you and you." Austin said, pointing to me then to Ares with a smirk on his face.

"Why us?" Ares asked. They could send other men or whatever but why us?

"Because you two are perfect for this. You'll be going as two students. I've already enrolled you two in the college. You—" dad said, pointing to Ares who stared at him, "You'll be going as Jason Blackmore. And you, Alexia, you'll be Diana Cooper."

"Befriend Gabriel's son, Thierry and get him to spill the beans. It's as simple as that." Edward added with a smile.

"But why us? Austin and Ana would do the job perfectly." Ares said.

"Ana and Austin—well I do not believe they'll do it well. I mean, you two will know how to defend yourselves if things go wrong. Besides, I want you two. Is that a problem?" Dad gave me a look saying, ‘question me again and see what happens’. When I stayed quiet, I could tell that he fought a smirk, "you two are perfect for this job! By the way, Jason is the cool guy and Diana well, she is the nerd."

"So, I'll be going undercover as a nerd?" I raised my brows.

"Sorry but yes. That's the only girl who was supposed to be in the same Grade as Thierry, and she was gonna start this year." Dad replied with a fake apologetic tone.

"When do we start?"

"Tomorrow." Edward replied.