Chapter 18

1st person POV

~Peter~

I sit on top the Oscorp buiding while on patrol, it's dark out; 11:50pm too. It's fairly cool and windy but the sky is clear so I can easily see the stars on contalations above so that's what I look at. I lay back on the flat roof of the building and stargaze. I don't want to go back to the tower just yet.

It's been three weeks since I got out of the hospital, three weeks since I heard Harry's voicemail. It took me eight days just to stop laying in bed all day, Dad and Pops were seriously thinking about sending me back to the hospital after seven. Honestly the only reason I got up eventually was because the people of New York needed me. And, yeah- Pops is back. He said he'd try for my sake but he's not really trying. Dad or one of the team members would correct him when he screws up but he'd just say the deadname again right after. The divorce never went through, I don't know whether I'm happy or mad about it though.
In summary: everything sucks.

"Peter, Mr. Stark is calling." Karen alerts me and I tell her to answer it.

"Hey, you've been on top of the Oscorp building for a while, you okay? What's up?" Dad says as soon as Karen answers the call.

I roll my eyes. Yeah that's something new; everytime I stay on top of a tall building for too long Dad calls me. "Dad, I'm fine, I'm just stargazing." I reply.

"Alright I was ju-"

"You were just checking, I know." I cut him off and finish his sentence, he's said it so many times now that it's just become routine.

"Alright well get back to the tower it's almost midnight." He states.

"Kay, I'll be back in ten." I respond and then tell Karen to end the call. She does and then I lay back down. After a moment of laying there Karen says something.

"Peter, shouldn't you be getting back?" She questions.

"Yeah yeah just give me a moment." I reply.

And then a certain... someone.. shows up, right on time. His glider hovers beside me and I don't bother to move from my spot. He's wearing his usual green armor, gotta say it kind of suits him. Another thing is- his gloves that shoot out blue beams of fire, so that's fun.

"Hey Harry." I say while still looking up at the sky and not moving from my spot.

"How do you-" He begins to ask.

"I hacked your suit last week, nice to see you."

"Well since you know my name only fair I know yours Spider-Man."

"No can do." I state and then stand up and go to the ledge to swing off. But he must have added some new tech to his suit because he shoots a net at me so I can't move.

"Really? A net? You're a genius Harry and the best you can come up with is a net?" I laugh a little at the end of the sentence.

"Well, webs were taken." He answers.

"Yeah well they would've thrown off you're entire outfit." I retorte. I was stalling for time since Karen had alerted Dad of my capture. "If you wanna be a hero Harry, capturing another super hero isn't going to help you gain hero points with the population."

He then hops off his glider and walks closer to me. He's about a foot away from me and I hear Dad's suit about a mile away. "Well it was nice talking to you, but I gotta swing." I say before falling backwards off the side of the building. His glider quickly comes into view and then it's pretty much a race between him and Dad of who can get to me first.

Of course, Dad's suit is more teched out and has more speed so he catches me and flies us back to the tower.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We get back to the tower in a matter of minuets and we land in the hanger. Pops is there when we get there and he doesn't seem too happy. Oncce Dad gets me out of the net Pops comes stomping over. "Really Paige? Out until midnight?!" He yells.

"It's Peter, and I would've been back already if the green goblin junior didn't try to capture me." I reply, "I'm alright by the way, not that you care."

"Peter." Dad says as a warning to my attitude.

"Of course I care Paige, but this is the fourth time this week you've stayed out late, why do you go over to Oscorpe every night? Are you back together with Harry and you're just not telling us?"

"It's PETER! P-E-T-E-R. and no i'm not, I go to oscorpe because it's the second tallest building in the city and the best place to see most of the city for danger." Then quickly brush past him to go back to my room.

"We're not done talking about this!" Pops yells right before I get into the elevator. I go down to the floor with the bedrooms are and then step out of the elevator and go to my room. I hit the spider on my shoot and it falls down around me. I then take it and throw it in the closet before plopping down on the bed and shortly going to sleep.