Chapter 4

From Peter's POV :)

"H-He what?" I questioned, double checking to see what I heard was actually what dad had said.

"He found his best friend Paige." Dad responded with a smile, "Now choose a movie." He handed me the remote. I felt like I was gonna be sick.

I jumped up from the couch and ran for the bathroom stumbling to grab my phone on my way, "Paige!" My dad called out as he sat on the couch. I slammed the bathroom door shut and locked it then pulled out my phone to call Bucky, I was hopeful that Pops hadn't found him yet. It rang twice before there was an answer.

"Bucky!" I cried into the phone.

There was a pause, I heard muffled voices in the background. "Paige?" I heard Pop's faint voice, I knew he wasn't the one holding the phone so I must've been on speaker. "Well shit..." I thought to myself.

"Hey kiddo." Bucky spoke into the phone then grunted, "I'm alright but uh, I think your Pops wants to talk to you."

"Pops- I-I can explain..." I muttered.

"We'll talk more about this when I get home Paige." Pops snapped before hanging up. Tears filled my eyes knowing how dissapointed he had to be.

With Bucky and Steve:

"Steve this is not how Pet- Paige nor I wanted you to find out." I pleaded to my best friend.

"How did you even meet her?" Steve demanded, "How did you know about my daughter before I even knew you were alive?!" He yelled.

"Someone hurt her, and I found her and patched her up, I didn't know she was your daughter at first." I explained, I hated using Peter's dead name and wrong pronouns but I had to; I didn't want to out him.

I saw Steve's expression deflate into a frown, "Who?" He questioned.

"I have no idea I just found her bruised and hurt on the sidewalk." I answered.

He lifted me to my feet, "We can talk about this more later, let's just- get you back to the compound." The two of us then began to walk out of the ruined building I hid out in for months.

The Next Morning

Peter's POV:

I sat on the edge of my bed knowing exactly what was going to happen that day. I didn't get my lecture from Pops nor Dad last night because it was too late when Pops got back from the compound, but now it was bright and early, all the time of the world to get lectured.

I sighed and stood up from my bed, it was Monday but I wasn't going to school because my dads wanted me here so we could all talk about the situation. I went over to my closet and pulled out some clothes and quickly got changed, as I was pulling my shirt on I hated the way the sports bras hardly did anything for me. I sighed and walked into the bathroom that was attached to my room. The night before I snook the ace bandages in here. I knew it wasn't safe but- but i needed to do it.

I wraped them around my chest tightly and threw my sweater over it. Then looked in the mirror to admire my flat chest. The bandages flatened my chest way better than the sports bras but I already felt the painful effects of them and the stuggling for each breathe I took but I didn't care; My chest was flat.

I then exited the bathroom and then my bedroom into the hall where I was immediatley faced with both Dad's and Pop's dissapointed faces. I couldn't even look at them so I looked at the ground instead. Next thing I knew we were all seated in the living room, all three of us silent, not knowing what to say.

After about a minute of silence I couldn't take it, "I'm sorry." I spoke.

"We know you are." Pops replied, "But I just don't understand why- Why didn't you tell us?"

I looked back to the floor, "I don't know..." I muttered.

"Come on Paige you have to have a better response than 'I don't know'" Pops stated, Dad just sat across from me watching it all happen and having no input as Pops paced behind the couch.

"Did he threaten you, did he promise you something?" Pops kept going.

"No!" I almost yelled with disgust how he could ever think that.

"There has to be a reason as to why you didn't tell us so why?" Pops repeated the question again.

I couldn't say anything. Truth be told I didn't even know why I didn't tell him or dad. I knew they would've handled it better than the police or SHILED alone for that matter. Maybe it was because he was someone I was out to, maybe it was because I liked going to the ruin after school. I honestly had no idea.

"I don't know." I repeated sternly.

"How long?" Dad finally spoke, I looked at him with a puzzled expression. "How long did you know he was alive?" He repeated.

"I dunno six months maybe?" I answered, "I wasn't exactly counting the days."

"Six months?!" Pops yelled.

"Paige... why?" Dad questioned, of course I get asked again.

"Can you stop asking why already? I. DON'T. KNOW. I just felt like I couldn't tell you." I cried and took a breathe, "I'm sorry.... I'm sorry I shouldn't shout."

"Go to your room while your pops and I talk." Dad said solemnly. I nodded and went up the steps to my room.