Chapter 10

To get my mind off of everything I decided to go out as Spider-Man for the night, it was a nice distraction until well- it wasn't Yeah okay let's start from the beggining...

"Hey kiddo, we're about to all watch a movie, wanna come?" Bucky asked once he entered my room. It was around 9:00pm and I was working on homework. The day before we worked some things out with the school to do it online until things got sorted out at home.

I looked up from the mess of papers sprawled out on my desk at over at Bucky who stood at the door. I gave a slight smile, "No thanks, I got some homework to catch up on and then I'm gonna get some sleep." I answered.

He slightly shook his head, "Always homework with you isn't it?" He joked, "Alright, let me know if you need any help." He then walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. I looked back at the papers on the desk and sighed. "It didn't seem like there was this much homework when I was there everyday, and this is them giving me less and cutting me some slack?" I thought to myself.

My gaze then went to my closet on the other side of the large room. I thought about the Spider-Man suit that sat in there in a duffel bag. I hadn't gone out as Spidey in a few weeks. I stood up out of my seat and walked across the room to the closet. I opened the closet door and shuffled through the clothes that covered the floor of it and found the duffle bag that held the suit. I opened the bag and held the Spider suit in my hands. "Just a few hours." I thought to myself as I looked down at the suit in my hands and a smile appeared on my face. I quickly got changed and put my binder on under the suit. Yes I was aware of how I shouldn't be wearing it while Spidermanning but whats the worst that could happen?

After having the suit on I went to the largest window in my room, it was about four feet tall and I could easily sit in it, I even did so four three hours the day I got here. I hadn't fully tested my web-shooters and didn't know how long they'd last for, but I needed to get out of the compound for a while, and be seen as a guy, a hero, not someone who was just kicked out of his home.

I jumped out the window and webbed to the closest tree, and then the closest tree to that, and so on until I got to the City; my home. Don't get me wrong the Compound is home to but there's nothing like the sounds of New York. The wind against my face felt soothing, relaxing even. The mask cut most of it out but I could hear it, I could feel it if I swung fast enough, which I made sure to do.

Once I got to the City I headed for Queens, where I used to live before I was adopted by my dads. I crouched down on the roof of a tall apartment building and overlooked the area, listening for sirens or any other trouble. It was peaceful up there, nice. The sounds of the car horns, the noise of the people below. Itwas amazing.

My relaxation was quickly over because I heard poice sirens down below. I swung down and near the cars, following them as they raced through the streets. They went at least a mile before stopping in front of a small building. I jumped down and landed beside the police captain, "What's the situation?" I asked him once I stood up from my feet.

"Two guys robbing this small bank with four hostages." He answered.

"Any idea who the hostages are?" I questioned.

"Not yet." He replied.

"Alright. I'm going in." I went over to the building and climbed up the wall to the roof for another entrance. Thankfully there was a door to stairs going down into the building. I slowly went down, being careful that neither of the robbers would see me. The captain was wrong, there were five hostages and three robbers. They must've come into veiw after the 9-1-1 call was made. I didn't recognize four out of the five. The one I did recognize was Harry; the hell was he doing in Queens?

I slowly entered the room by crawling on the ceiling. The three guys were armed with odd guns, they were glowing kinda, looked out of this world. "Ahem, don't think it's nice to hold innocent people against their will." I spoke and swung down to kick one of them in the face.

"Y-Your that Spider-Man from youtube!" Ned yelled.

"That I am." I said as I untied Ned from his knots. "Now get everyone untied and out of here, I'll take care fo these guys."

One of the robbers took a swing at me, I dodged the punch and hit back harder which knocked him out. Another one almost shot their gun at me but I webbed it out of their hand before they could. Then the next thing I know I'm flying through the roof and into the sky. Great, there was a guy behind me with a gravity gun.

"AAAahhh!!!" I screamed as I tried to shoot my webs, but I was out. Wonderful. It's at times like this that I really regret not bringing backup web fluid. "AAAhhh!!" I screamed more as I went higher.

But then something weird happened, and slightly bad. Dad came up and grabbed me. He didn't know I was the one behind the mask though- and he, along with the other Avengers, have been trying to catch me (Or Spider-Man anyway) for the past few weeks, and this time he did.