Chapter 12

Dad started to come into conciousness. I backed up slightly to give him some space to sit up. "Dad." I muttered as I blinked back tears.

"I'm alright Peter." He replied and sat up next to me. "I'm sorry you had to see that."

"Why are you sorry? Pops is the one who punched you." I scowled.

"He just had a bad reaction is all." he sympathized trying to make it so I wouldn't be angry with Pops. It was too late though, I was already pretty upset with him after kicking me out and now- and now this? I didn't know if I could give him anymore chances after everything he's done. I even blamed myself sometimes though I knew I shouldn't have. It was just easier than being angry with Pops. Even though I tried so hard to be mad at him, all the good memories with him seep through making it hard. Because of all that just putting the blame all on me and my transness was easier to do than blaming him for his transphobia. But it was different now. Now he had physically hurt dad, and deliboritly was transphobic to my face, I didn't know if I could give him any more chances.

I didn't respond to him, I couldn't because I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to cause any more issues so I decided to just stay quiet. Instead I helped him off the floor and brought him to the medical bed that was less than five feet from us. He sat up on the bed and I just looked at his newly bruised face. I still couldn't Pops did that even though I saw it with my own eyes.

"Are you sure you're alright?" I asked.

"Yeah I just need an ice pack is all." Dad responded.

"FRIDAY have Bruce bring down some ice packs when he gets here." I said to the A.I.

"Of course Peter." FRIDAY responded she then spoke again a few second later, "Incoming call from Bucky Barnes."

"Answer it please." I replied.

It then took a second for FRIDAY to answer the car, I heard the sound of the car in the background. "Hey Peter, FRIDAY told us you wanted us at the Tower? What are you doing there? We're on our way and we're picking up Harry on the way, are you okay?"

Dad gave me a confused look as to what Bucky was talking about, I didn't answer the look just yet though. "Yeah just get here, uh my Dad and I are in the medbay. It's a long story but- let me know when you get here." I replied.

"Alright kid, we'll be there soon we're just about at Harry's place." Bruce said cutting into the conversation.

"Okay see you in a bit." I replied. "FRIDAY end call." the call came to an end and Dad gave the same confused look from a minute ago.

"I asked FRIDAY to call them to come get me," I paused for a moment then finished the sentence, "And maybe you..."

"Peter..." He said, "I love you so much, but I'll be fine here, I'm trying to get through to your Pops about all of this, so I'm going to stay, but I'll visit the compound tomorrow okay?" He answered.

"But dad..." I was going to ask the question I dreaded asking and hoped I'd never need to, but I needed to. "what if he never accepts me... what if he never sees me as his son?" I whimpered at the thought. "...what if he never wants me home again?"

Dad stood up from the bed and walked over to hug me. He held me tightly in his arms, "I will never let that happen spiderling." he spoke quietly.

"Thanks dad." I said with a smile and pulled out of the hug. I didn't know how he would stop it from happening but it made me feel better knowing that he'd give his all to help Pops accept me.

"Now, about you being this, Spider-Man?" he changed the conversation and I gave a shy smile.

"Surprise?" I said in a high pitched voice.