Chapter 15

This is in present tense because well- I can do that. 8) Same trigger warnings as the last part!
Peter~

I wake up in the med bay of the coumpound. It's bigger than the one in the tower, and has a bit more supplies since more poeple live here rather than the tower. I start to wonder what earned me a second trip here but then I remember the events of this morning, or yesterday? I dunno how long I've been out. I sit up in the hospital bed and see that it's dark outside, so if what I did happened yesterday then I've been out for over twenty-four hours which I hope isn't the case.

There's no one in the room with me, surprisingly. Dad probably went back to the mansion or back to the tower by now speaking he's not by my bed side in the room. I sigh and look at my arms, over 20 cuts on each one, some deeper than others. Tears fill up my vision before seeping down my face. I shouldn't have done it... I know that. Now I'm sure everyone else here knows I have an issue. The dissapointing part is; It wasn't my first time doing it. I've done it before, I stopped for over a year, until now that is.

"Friday, what time is it?" I ask as I look at my hands which are now resting on my crossed legs.

"It's 7:45 pm Peter."

"Day?"

"January 2nd, 2017."

I let out a sigh of relief. still the same day, thank god. That's when I realize it's not even 8 O'clock. Where the hell is everyone?

"Friday, where is everyone?" I ask.

"Boss is in his room along with Steve, and the others are in the lounge." The A.I answers, "Would you like me to ask one of them to come see you?" She then asks.

I lay back down and a tear seeps down to the pillow, "Can you get Wanda?" I say softly.

"Of couse Peter." She replies and then the room goes back to it's original silence. I cry softly as I lay there in the quiet. I regret doing it so much. Over a year clean gone, and for what? Because of some stupid divorce? Why do I care? Why aren't I happy about it? Pops hit dad and refuses to accept me, I should be glad that his toxicisity is out of my life, but I'm not. Everthing changes now. Pops won't be by my side to help me with my history homework or make me his famous hot chocolate when I'm upset.

The door opens and interutps my thoughts. I turn my head to see Wanda walking towards me with a concerned look on her face. I give a faint smile to her and then go back to looking at the ceiling. I can't face her worried expression, not when I know it's there because of me.

"Peter." She says. That's all she says though, just my name. She doesn't know what else to say, and It's my fault. I almost made her have to lose another brother.

"I'm sorry." I say with my shaky, crying voice. It's all I could muster, the two words 'I'm sorry.' I wish I could say more, but I don't know what to say.

She places her hand on my head, "How are you feeling?" She asks.

Now I look at her with my red, teary, puffy eyes. "I've been better."

Her eyes go to my arms and wrists. She gasps a little, she must not have seen me yet, even when I was unconcious. "Hey, it's alright. I'm alright." Then one of the smaller ones finish healing, thanks to my powers the smaller cuts are begining to disapear. "See? They're already healing. In a few days they'll hardly be noticable."

She grabs my hand and holds it tightly, "I love you so much Peter." She says as a way to comfort me.

I smile, "I love you too sis."

Then she slaps me, not too hard, but hard enough to hurt. "You scared the shit outta me!" She says, raising her voice but it's not quite yelling.

"Ow!" I exclaim though it didn't hurt a lot. Then it's quiet between us. After a moment I speak up, "I'm sorry I scared you, but I'm fine really."

All she can muster is an 'I know' though it's hardly audible. "So what are they saying about me up there?" I ask nosily, "Break down of the year? shard of glass? What's my new nickname around here?" I laugh a little and she laughs too.

"That's not funny." She says as she laughs earning a 'you sure?' look from me, "It's not!"

Then she stops laughing and I do too. "No seriously though, what are they saying?" I ask after a moment.

"Tony's on the phone with the best hospital there is, to get you help." She answers. "Steve is arguing with everyone about your name and pronouns, again, and everyone else is silent, they don't want to say anything."

I nod, it does make sense. Usually when things like this happen not many people talk because they don't know what to say.

"How are you holding up?" I ask.

"I should be asking you that."

"You already did." I reply.

She smiles slightly, "I just want to see you get better alright?" She answers.

I nod, "I think I will." I reply and sit up to hug her. That's when Pops and Dad both came in. Wanda pulled out of the hug and I layed back down and looked away. I hear Dad's footsteps walking closer to me and soon enough he's at my side. Pops is still by the door way with Wanda.

"Is he still...?" I ask unable to finish the sentence, but I whisper it so Pops can't hear. Dad places his hand on my cheek and rubs it lightly. "No Peter, he understands now." Dad answers. I look at him confused.

"Peter." I hear Pops voice say, but I still can't believe he actually says it.

I sit up and turn to face him. "No." I say. Everyone in the room looks at me confused, not knowing why I said that. Then I go on, "You had all this time to accept me! It's been almost two months! Two months I've been staying at the compound because YOU kicked me out for trying to be who I am. You don't get to come in here and act like everythings fine just because I hurt myself! You don't get to come in here and pretend you accept me just so I don't go kill myself! YOU DON'T GET TO DO THAT!" I yell. "I KNOW you were yelling at everyone and arguing about my name and pronouns all day today, so don't tell me you all of a sudden accept me. I can see it in your eyes you hate seeing me like this! With my flat chest, cut hair and 'boy clothes' I KNOW you don't accept me." I keep going and make air qoutes around the "boy clothes" part.

He just looks at the ground while Wanda and Dad look at me in shock, then I continue to Dad, though I'm more calm now, "You told him to use my name when he's in here right? So I don't go do this again." I point to my arm, "Well what did you think would happen when I got back and thought Pops would accept me with open arms, just to find out he wouldn't?"

Dad is silent, frankly so is everyone else. I lay back down and hide my face with the pillow, "Just... Just go away..."

Hey! Author here, sorry it took me so long to get this part out! but hope you enjoyed!