twenty two

chapter ninety ~ the one with barbados Heather's POV

Heather's POV

Despite being surrounded by a bunch of old people who liked talking about dinosaurs, we were sure that there would be things to do to keep us occupied because the hotel was basically on the beach but when the weather got really bad, we were basically confined to our rooms unless we wanted to walk around and listen to lectures; which was something I was keen to avoid. Joey and I could keep each other company but when there was nothing to do, it wasn't really that fun and we were just waiting for our friends to arrive so that we would have someone else to talk to. Whenever we tried to talk to Ross or Charlie, they just talked about whatever lecture they had listened to and that was more boring than silence. We explored the hotel as much as possible and headed to the bar for something light to drink but by the second day we were bored, not even checking in on Matteo was enough and my Dad was annoyed with how many times we had called him in twenty-four hours. Luckily, on our seventh walk of the lobby, we were both overjoyed to recognise our friends because now we would have someone else to talk to.

"Oh, thank God you guys are here." Joey said, running up to them and embracing them which caught them off-guard because it had only been a day without them and he was acting as though we hadn't seen them in months.

Phoebe looked at me from over Joey's shoulder and was confused at what the issue was. "What's going on?"

"Everything is upside down here." Joey answered for me before I could even open my mouth. "It rains all day long; nobody watches TV and Ross is famous."

Suddenly Rachel entered the lobby and couldn't stop chuckling under her breath at what she had seen coming behind her. "Alright, I don't want to alarm anybody but Monica's hair is twice as big as it was when we landed."

"Okay, when I go to places with high humidity, it gets a little extra body, okay?" Monica replied but even I couldn't help but chuckle because Monica looked hilarious and I was sure that it would just keep expanding the longer that she stayed in the humidity.

Chandler nodded, not finding it as hilarious because he was somewhat used to this hairstyle. "That's why our honeymoon photos look like me and Diana Ross."

"Come on, I'll show you guys where to check in." Joey says, leading Chandler and David away from us and over to the reception desk but they hadn't gone far before everyone was shouting at them.

"Honey, make sure we get a king-sized bed."

"Oh, David, get one for us too!" Phoebe added, copying Monica and then adding even more things that she wanted. "Oh, and see if they have a heart-shaped one! And with mirrors on the ceiling!"

Monica frowned at the request. "And make sure our room isn't next to theirs."

"Oh, you guys are so lucky you're here with people." Rachel complained, feeling left out that she was the only single person here because everyone else was in some kind of couple. "You know, it's just such a romantic place. I wish I could share it with a guy."