three

chapter seventy one ~ the one with fake mike Heather's POV

Heather's POV

Getting called across the hall into Monica and Chandler's apartment was never a good thing, half the time we were getting called over so that Monica could scold Joey for whatever he had stolen out of their refrigerator. Sometimes the news could be good, but that seemed to be happening less as our lives got busier and more challenging. Joey was holding Matteo as we stood next to Phoebe at the kitchen table, not daring to take a seat as we were desperate to know exactly what was going to happen. Chandler and Monica seemed slightly awkward about whatever they were going to tell us, which made me wonder exactly what their news could be. A part of me hoped that they had finally conceived a baby because this was something that they wanted more than anything else; I really hoped that their wish would come true soon. The front door opened and revealed, Ross and Rachel coming into the apartment with Emma. The newest member of the family was sleeping, and as much as I wanted to cuddle her myself, I knew better than to wake a sleeping baby.

"Hi, so, what's the big news you had us rush all the way over here for?" Ross questioned, getting himself comfortable next to the rest of us as we huddled around the kitchen table.

"Okay, our news..." Chandler hesitated, obviously not wanting to come forward with his news but we were all here now and this was what we had come over for. "My company has asked me to head up our office in Tulsa. So, as of Monday, I'm being officially relocated."

Rachel's jaw dropped. "What?"

"Monday?" I repeated, not sure if I was hearing my brother correctly.

"Oh my God." Phoebe added.

Joey cleared his throat, trying to stay calm about the whole situation but I knew that deep down, he was freaking out more than anyone else. "Well, how long do you have to go for?"

"They said it could be up to a year."

"A year?" My husband shouted, scaring the babies and so I took Matteo away from him, holding him close to my chest.

"Oh my God, do you have to go?"

Rachel seemed to be talking solely to Monica about this issue and that made me wonder whether she was also packing up and leaving to Tulsa with my brother. "Well, I kind of have to, don't I?" She snapped, holding up her wedding ring. "Because of this stupid thing."

"There's nothing like the support of your loving wife, huh?" Chandler smiled awkwardly, putting his arm around her but the rest of us couldn't joke around because we were still shocked with the news that we'd just received.

"Wait a minute, you can't go to Tulsa." Joey brought the conversation back to the issue at hand, stepping forward and hoping to reach Chandler on a more personal level. "Maybe you forgot, but we have tickets to the Jets game next week."

"I'm sorry buddy, but I don't think I'm going to be able to make it."

With a frown on his face, Joey turned back to me and buried his head in my neck, whining. "We were going to go see the Jets!"