ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀꜱ; ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ | ᴅɪʟᴜᴄ ☁️ 1/3

Start from the beginning

You did so by stealing food from Fatui Skirmishers and various hilichurl camps, but it was barely enough to get by. You tried to look for Albedo, as you knew he often did research on the mountain, but his camp was empty and the fires were out. You were on your own. It was a stroke of pure luck that you found the bridge that led into the camp at the base of the mountain, but you were too weak to make an ice bridge, and if you swam across, Cryo vision or not, you'd freeze to death.

So when you saw someone across the bridge, near where the snow met the grass, you almost cried with relief.

"Hey!" You cried, standing up and using the last of your strength to wave your arms, "please, help me!"

The man turned, racing over to the break in the bridge on his side.

"Hello?"

You tugged at your tattered coat. You'd lost track of the number of days you'd been gone.

"Please," you cried, "help me get over there!"

You recognized the man as Stevens, a researcher who typically spent his time at the camp. His eyes went wide enough that you could see them do so across the gap.

"You... You're... The missing adventurer! Hold on, I'll go get Iris!"

He turned on his heel and took off at a full sprint, and you crouched back down beside the small fire, but in your half-frozen state, the small amount of heat wasn't doing much. Diluc... You didn't know what he'd been doing this whole time. You'd have to apologize if you worried him.

"(Y/N)!"

You looked up to se Iris, arms wrapped around herself to combat the cold.

"I can't believe you're alive," she said, "thank Barbatos. You have to jump, see that broken part of the bridge below? Jump onto that and we'll pull you up here!"

You nodded, standing up, and with a grunt of effort, you tossed yourself onto the broken bridge, legs buckling beneath you. You felt something give, followed by a sharp pain.

To add insult to injury, I just broke my ankle, didn't I?

Despite the pain, you heaved yourself unsteadily to your feet, standing on your tiptoes to grab Iris and Stevens' hands, and they hauled you up onto their side of the bridge. You lay panting in exhaustion on the ground for a few moments, laying your head down on the frigid stone. Snow was falling around you.

You were so, so tired. Your limbs felt heavier than lead. You hadn't slept in two days, and now that you were safe, you felt too sluggish to move.

Your eyes fell closed, and everything went dark.

————

When you woke, you were warm.

That was new.

You opened your eyes.

You were laying on a cot, swaddled in heavy blankets, braziers smoldering with fire on either side of you. You were in one of the tents in the camp. You felt very weak, but you had enough strength to sit up. On a crate beside your cot was a bowl of goulash, steaming and fragrant, and you picked it up with shaking hands. You devoured it in record time, the heat each bite brought absolutely heavenly.

You must have passed out from exhaustion, you figured as you finished your food, setting the empty bowl down on the crate you'd found it on. You laid back down, pulling the blankets up further. You didn't feel like getting up yet. Plus, you could feel a stiffness in your right ankle that told you that you had indeed broken it, or at least sprained it. You could tell it was wrapped.