Chapter 46

"Wesley sweetie are you ready?!" His mother called from downstairs. His scars and bruises were healing. Wesley was upstairs still trying to tie his tie it was probably his 34th attempt. Just then a knock on the door and Betsy opened it a little and peeked. She was wearing a black dress. "Mr hunter are you ready?" Betsy lowly asked him. "No, i-" Wesley went in front of her and pointed to his tie, and laughed a little. Betsy smiled and took him by his hand and guided him she knelt down a little as she smiled. "You know still today my pa still struggles with his tie." She laughs. "Really?" Wesley asked. "Yea but I mean it's nothing bad that's why they have women like us so we can always be there for them," Betsy said smiling while tying his tie. "But what if I don't want women to help me I wanna do it myself?" Wesley asked. Betsy looked up at him. "Well I mean I could teach you some time on how to do it?" She said. "I think I would really like that." Wesley smiled.

"How's ms Ruby doing?" Wesley asked her. Betsy looked down and then smiled and back up again. " Mrs. Ruby passed due to trauma to the brain Mr hunter, but I can assure you she died with her loving family surrounding her." Betsy's eyes looked like she was holding her tears in. Wesley's eyes widened. "No." He whispered to himself. "No!" Wesley backed away. "It's ok Wesley Mr hunter she still lives with us in our hearts." Betsy put her hand on her heart. Wesley ran to Betsy and hugged her. Betsy's eyes widened at first to a shock but then she hugged him just as tight. "I'm so sorry," Wesley whispered. He could have saved her if it wasn't for him if she didn't trot to help him. It was all his fault.

"Wesley!!!" Mary called downstairs for her son.
Rubber, pa, and Sarah were all waiting downstairs they were also all dressed in black. "The funeral is in 5 minutes why is he taking so damn long," Mary said looking at her watching and up the stairs again. Just then Betsy and Wesley finally got downstairs. "Come on Wesley we don't have all the time in the world," Mary said walking out.

When they were in the car Wesley was looking at all the trees and the road. Will everything ever go back to normal? He doubts it Wesley sighed. His mother heard this and looked at her son. "Don't worry baby after this I'm going to use the money your father saved us and I'll buy a better house maybe in New York or Los Angeles or somewhere really pretty. And then maybe Casey will come back to us." She said smiling back at him and driving. Wesley smiled as well. He sure hopes Casey comes back he misses her a lot. He just wished he said I love you back to her. That will be the first thing he will say when he sees her.

Mary parks in the parking lot and gets out so does Wesley. They walk up to the crowd where a few people are wearing black there was a priest standing in front of the casket reading. The help came after they had to not stand too close to the other folks and watch from a distance. When Mary and Wesley finally came she excused herself in front of them. "There she is." Someone whispered. "What kind of woman is late to her husband's funeral." Another whispered. "If you ask me I'd say she did it." Someone said. "Maybe you know how these gold diggers are." Wesley heard these things as well he looked up at his mom and saw
Her face.

She had glasses covering her eyes but he knew she was crying behind those glasses. Wesley looked away and looked beside a woman. It was a black girl in a black dress her eyes were closed and she was like praying. Wesley squinted his eyes and looked closely it was Ada. Ada opened her eyes and looked at Wesley then smiled. Wesley didn't even have the strength to scream at her he just looked away and focused on the priest. She wanted his reaction and she was not going to get it from him. No not today.