Chapter 11

Wesley was in his room serving out his punishment it felt like jail. He had his comic books but that just wasn't enough. He only
Could come out for the bathroom and for dinner. Betsy would come upstairs time and time to check on him if he needed anything. Though sometimes he did he didn't want to speak to her, so he would just ignore her. Betsy would just leave and come back later on.

Wesley was on his carpet fixing his books in order. "It's very stupid to hate someone based on the color of their skin," Ada said standing. Wesley's heart almost jumped out of his body. Hearing her voice he rolled his eyes and turned around. "I don't wanna talk to you." Was all Wesley said going onto his bed? "Why not?" Ada asked. "Because of your a negro!" Wesley yelled.

"So that's what they call us now?"Ada whispered To herself. "How did you even find me?" Ada was about to speak until Wesley interrupted her. "Hold on I know you know everything and anything." He mocked. Ada could see that Wesley was clearly in a mood.
"I can see why you would be angry you getting punished for a crime you didn't commit," Ada said. Wesley didn't say anything.

"I know my skin color may seem unpleasant to you but I'm asking for you to see beyond color."
Ada moved closer to him. Wesley got up from the bed. "I don't even know you!" Wesley yelled. "So why did you write me first?!" Ada yelled as well. "Because I needed a friend!" Wesley said. "Ok Then!" Ada said waving her hands around.

"I didn't know you would look like that!" Wesley pointed at her. "And I didn't write you first. You wrote me first remember?. He sat down on his bed and huffed. Ada crossed her arms in frustration. She walked over to the comic books Wesley had and held them up and pointed. "I know Superman wouldn't judge by the skin." She said. Wesley frowned and got up. "Oh yea how do you know?" He put his hand on his hand waist. Ada looked up snotty and walked. "Well, Superman is a hero if I'm correct? And why would a superhero judge I mean back where I'm from a hero saves and makes friends with everyone even animals." Ada smiled.

Wesley thought about it. "Oh shut up. Your just a stupid girl what do you know." Wesley waved her off. "I thought you said I was a negro?" Ada asked. "You are! There is a negro woman negro man negro child and negro girl negro boy negro dog negro...." Wesley kept going. Ada tuned him out and kept playing with things around Wesley's room. What caught her eye was Wesley's bat. She held onto it and smiled. "Hey! Don't touch that!" Wesley stormed in front of Ada and snatched it away from her. Ada turned to Wesley and eyed him. "You're a fool!" Ada said harshly. This caught Wesley off guard no colored has ever spoken to him like that.

"Superman is not even a white man. He's an alien! I'm more human than he is! Am I not?" Ada scolded.
Wesley thought about what she said Superman was an alien. He was speechless he didn't really have anything to say back to Ada.

Ada was right Superman wouldn't judge. How was he going to apologize to her? "Ada I'm so-" Ada put her hand up. "I accept your apology." She said.
"You do?" Wesley asked. "After all that's what friends are for to accept apologies." Ada
Questioned. Wesley nodded.

A knock was coming from the door. "Come in!" Wesley yelled. Ada was standing right next to him. "Uhm hi, Mr hunter would you like some roasted potatoes before dinner starts?" Betsy said smiling. Ada narrowed her eyes at Betsy. Wesley looked at Ada and then back at Betsy. "Yes, thankyou." Wesley went towards the door to grab the food from Betsy who was shocked that he talked to her or even said Thank you none of his family members have done that. Betsy left and closed the door.
She smiled "maybe he's not a brat after all." then casually proceeded downstairs.

"They can't see you right?." Wesley asked.
Ada nodded. Ada handed the comic book back to Wesley who neatly organized it back to where it was.