As we were doing our work monotonously, I thought about taking her advice and telling her what I didn't say to my dad. The motive behind this crass scandal. "Actually there is…"

Angela stopped washing the dishes altogether and turned toward me in a jiffy as I trailed off. Leaning against the sink, she put her hand on her waist. "Tell me."

I released a throaty laugh but turned serious as soon as it clicked to me what I was going to tell her. "Um, so." I cleared my throat, stalling for some reason. "I think someone's set this all up. It was intentional, all the pictures airing everywhere. Like there's some sort of motive?" I told her.

She gasped with wide eyes and I gauged her reaction meticulously to know what she thought about my words. "What makes you say that?" She whispered after making sure that no one was listening.

I shrugged noncommittally. "I don't know," I lied because I didn't want to tell her about the things that I wasn't sure of either but rather have my sceptics about.

She nodded her head, biting her lip thoughtfully. "This seems serious. Do you have any suspicions?"

"I guess I do."

"Just… just take care of yourself, Valerie. Okay?" She bobbed her head up and down with worry etched onto her beautiful face.

"I'll be fine, Angela. You don't need to worry." I placed my hand on her shoulder comfortingly and she seemed to relax.

"Well I am glad to hear that. Just sue them. Sue them so bad that they can't even afford dollars to buy toilet papers," she joked but there was a hidden anger in her otherwise calm eyes. She was actually growing on me as a motherly figure.

I guffawed at her words and she joined along. I was loving this bonding time since my mom had been pretty much absent in my whole life. "Thank you, Angela," I said sincerely.

"No worries." She winked.

"Oh, and… just… don't tell any of this to my dad. I figured that he might do things his way since our profession is too similar. And you know… I wanna take care of this on my own," I told her, almost pleading.

She seemed a bit hesitant, not quite open to the idea of hiding something from her fiancé. Just when I thought that it wasn't a good idea to tell her, she began nodding her head slowly. "Okay…" she agreed. "You told me because you trust me and that in itself is such a huge deal for me so yeah… it'll be our secret," she promised.

"What will be your secret?"

I stifled a gasp when I heard my dad's voice from behind me. Plastering a fake smile on my face, I turned around to see him and Chase sporting confused looks.

"Well it's nothing," Angela spoke, handling the matter calmly. "Like I said, it's "our" secret. And a secret's a secret for a reason." I wanted to bang my head on the nearest wall because saying it like that was actually intriguing to them to know more. Although her next words brought out a smirk on my face. "Especially when two girls share it."

That seemed to have done the trick because they looked uneasy immediately. "Well then I am good." Chase raised his hands and left the scene with an urgent sprint in his step.

"And, um, I'm not curious anymore so…" My dad walked off quickly too, making Angela and I go into a huge laughing fit.

"That was a good one," I told her with a huge grin and she winked again. "Oh, and um, Angela?" I called out when she was about to leave the kitchen.

Looking over her shoulder, she murmured, "Yeah?"

"I really can't wait for you to marry my dad!" I squealed excitedly and her eyes widened as if she couldn't believe her ears. "Don't give me that look. I am genuinely happy, Angela."