42 ↝ Fifty Shades Of Hunter

"I need you to hold on,
Heaven is a place not too far away,
We all know I should be the one,
To say we all make mistakes."
Hold On — Justin Bieber

I've never slept or woken up beside anyone before.

And I've certainly never woken up with a six foot something tall form pressed against my bare back, a hot breath fanning the back of my neck, and a tattooed arm curled around my waist, holding me tight against a rock hard chest.

It takes my sleepy brain a few seconds to register what's going on, and the memories of last night wash over my brain like a hot dream.

A streak of sunlight is spilling through the gap in Hunter's dark curtains, illuminating the dull room slightly, and the clock on his nightstand reads 10:00am.

I hear Hunter sigh in his sleep, so I slowly turn around in his arms to face him. Our legs are tangled underneath the sheets, keeping me firmly close to him, almost protectively.

Hunter is definitely the most beautiful man I've ever laid my eyes on. His features are so sexy and gorgeous at the same time, eyelashes that are long and thick, razor sharp jawline, high cheekbones. I always thought these kind of men only exist in movies and books, but here I am, cuddled up against one.

He looks years younger when he's asleep, like a young boy. I could watch him sleep all day. My hand reaches up and slides into his hair, my heart filling with the warmth of what I feel for this man.

Laying there next to him, his arms around me, our bodies melting together, after a night of him doing amazing things to me, showing me that sex is supposed to be something amazing and great, and not something horrifying and traumatising, it feels like a dream.

It feels unreal.

Just the flashbacks make my heart pound, my stomach tingling. I never thought I was capable of feeling that good. Specially not after having a horrible experience initially.

I inhale a lungful of his scent, realising that I could stay like this forever. I'm suddenly giddy with happiness, a feeling I haven't felt in a long time.

He makes my heart feel lighter, fuller.

That's when I realise that I'm actually falling for him, and I'm falling hard.

The realisation hits me like a truck. The first man I fell for since what happened.

Since ever, technically, because I've never felt something so deep before. It was always just lighthearted physical attraction I felt even before the incident. It was never deeply emotional. I just never came across anyone I could form a connection that deep with.

Even though whatever's between us isn't specified, I don't really mind it. There's no rush. And it's the safest way to go, which means I won't have to face any crushed expectations or feelings, when things are not explicitly defined. Sometimes being ignorant to things like this is more blissful.

I want to live in this happy bubble as much as I can, and I don't want to risk ruining it. But that doesn't mean I won't accept my growing feelings for him.

My eyes are on his wolf tattoo while I'm thinking, my hands rubbing his scalp gently, and I don't even notice he's awake until he whispers, "Morning, beautiful."