"Yeah, I mean he's been filling up my bank account with some eye boggling numbers." He shrugged and bit by bit his expression lit up like that of the fourth of July. "But you can't do nothing. Your threats about suing me will be futile 'cause the upper man's taking care of me."

I've never felt such a strong urge to slap off that grin from his complacent face. He licked his upper teeth and wiggled his brows. "I know that it's Ms. Maxwell," I said, this time with more determination.

"Who's she now?"

"The one you were talking to, a few days ago across from a coffee shop in New York. A tall woman in a pencil skirt. You're lying to me. You've met the person who's asking you to do this," I snapped, my patience wearing thin.

A look of recognition crossed his face and he started shaking his head. "I-"

Before he could say anything further, someone grabbed his collar from behind and turned him around. Looking over Rick's shoulder, I saw Skye scaring the dude with a dark scowl.

However, when his eyes fell on me, his grip on Rick's collar loosened completely, making him take one too many steps away from Skye. I could tell that he hadn't noticed me before. "Valerie," he breathed, his features softening.

I didn't even acknowledge him and put all my attention back to Rick, who was quickly panning his camera at us. "Ooh, I likey likey." He wriggled his crooked fingers. "There's so much hot and sexy tension going on between you two that I cann-"

Skye grabbed his collar again, making the poor guy shake tremendously. "Click a picture and you won't be able to cuddle with your damn camera from this moment on. I won't have any regrets about breaking it off." His voice was low and I couldn't resist looking at him.

He was in his casuals, a rare sight but he looked more than handsome in his olive green, long sleeved t-shirt rolled up to his elbows and dark jeans. My heart went into an overdrive but I managed to pull off my poker face. No matter what I thought, he looked really hot with his jaw clenched and angry expression.

"What's up with you guys manhandling a powerless guy like me?" Rick squeaked.

"Why are you here in D.C.? And who are you working with?" Skye asked, gritting his teeth.

Rick groaned, sporting a feverish look. "I am not working "with" anybody. I'm working for somebody," he corrected. "And for who? I swear to God, I haven't a clue, man… and woman," he quickly added and I had to bite my lip from laughing on his face. "It's someone anonymous."

Skye pushed him gently, taking his hands off of Rick's collar before looking at me with confusion lacing his gorgeous features. "What are you doing here?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you the same question?" I gave him a flippant reply and he frowned as if hurt by my attitude.

He was about to say something when his head sharply turned toward Rick. "I am warning you for the last time, if you record then…" Skye snatched the camera from Rick's hands which was already detached from its tripod. "Then I'll smash it off."

"Give me my camera back, kind sir!" Rick started hopping on his legs and held out his arms. He seemed uneasy with the way sweat was rolling down the side of his forehead. "Please," he whimpered. His eyes were darting around anxiously.

I expected Skye to relent but he just raised a brow at him nonchalantly. He didn't ease off his tense stance nor did Rick, who seemed ready to cry buckets.

"I'll tell you something! I can tell that it'll help you but just not… my baby! Not my camera!"

"What is it? What are you going to tell?" I butted in, an eager expression on my face.