{Josie meets banana splits}

Present Day

They ordered the double banana split, with three scoops of ice-cream (one scoop chocolate, one scoop cookie dough, and one scoop cake batter), with extra hot fudge sauce, squirty cream, and rainbow sprinkles. Very extravagant.

"So, how'd you... you know, become all sticky?", Josie asks, taking a spoonful of banana.

"Honestly? I have no idea. It just happened, and then I decided to put it to good use, become something more than what I already was. So, I made my suit, my web fluids, and I tried to do the right thing. Then, your dad approached me,  offered me a new suit, gave me a chance to prove myself. Now, here I am.", he explains.

"Berlin? That was you?"

He swallows a piece of banana whole, "Yeah. That was my first time in the fancy suit."

"The fancy suit?", she laughs, "You know, I really wanted to go to Berlin, but Dad wouldn't let me. I mean, I pack a mean punch, but not quite Captain America or Black Widow standard. So, it's fair enough that I wasn't allowed to come. I did really want to know who this Spider-Man was though. Pretty much straight after Berlin, Dad let me go to school. Probably because you were at school. So, I guess it's thanks to you that I'm allowed to go to school."

"Well, in that case, you're welcome.", he smiles.

"So, any other major secrets you're hiding? Got anything else going on in your life I need to know?"

"Not really, my life's pretty normal, aside from... you know what. But you, Josie, I know nothing about you. Hell, I didn't even know your actual name until last week.", Peter says.

"What, you want my life story?"

"Sure, why not?", he shrugs.

"Oh, actually?", she raises her eyebrows and he nods, "Well, my mom left my dad like two weeks after I was born. I never actually knew her so it's not like I miss her that much. Um... I actually used to go to school. When I was a kid, until I was seven, then I had to leave."

"Why'd you stop going to school?", Peter asks.

"Dad made me. When he got kidnapped... I don't know. I guess he's just paranoid, wants to keep me safe. I used to complain about school constantly when I was a kid, but when I couldn't go, it was all I wanted.", she laughs slightly, "When I'm with you though, I feel like a normal teenager. It's nice."

He blushes, "You too. I kind of forget that I'm different."

They sit in comfortable silence for a few seconds, listening to the sounds of the diner. Josie takes a spoonful of banana split, then breaks the quiet, "Growing up sucks. I mean, seriously. My biggest problem used to be whether Swiper would swipe or not, which he never did, by the way. Now, everybody I care about has to constantly put their safety on the line. I get it, you guys protect people, but who protects you? Dramatic, I know. Doesn't it ever scare you though? Being the person people look to. I know I couldn't do it. I want to, but I'm not the hero type. Hell, it scares me enough just letting my dad go and be a hero. Don't you ever... worry?"

He sighs, "I mean, everyone worries about something. Maybe my worries are bigger than some people's, but that's just that. I'm always scared, I mean constantly. But, I try not to let it show, usually failing. Somebody has to fight the battles that nobody else can, right? If I was fate, or the universe, or destiny... or whatever you call it, I probably wouldn't have given my powers to a nerdy kid from Queens, but I have them. So, I can use them, I can help people, I can save people, or I can ignore them. It's my choice to be what I am, to be Spider-Man, and I don't think I'd still be doing it if I couldn't do what it takes to be a hero.", he says, she doesn't reply, "I'm speaking in riddles, aren't I?"

"No, I understood you.", she stares into his deep, hazel orbs.

Staring into his eyes, she's once again, just a teenager. That's fine. Sure, she's going to have more struggles and fights in her life. They both are. But for now, they're just two teenagers.